Outings near vt/ma??

medicbro2000

Reaction score
City, State
Ludlow Vermont
Year, Model & Trim Level
(1994 XLT) 00 RangerXLT
Hi all,

Second day back active in the membership. I am considering becoming elite for the $20..... highly considering it, but alas.... I am finding myself a little hestitant and here is why...

While I am all about being part of this group and sharing/recieving helpful info on our lovely ford friends, probably the one thing I would be MOST interested in is getting together with a large group to go on an outdoor outing or 4x4 excursion.... My hestitation lies in wondering whether or not there will be any close enough for me to participate in with some of you guys.

I am not opposed to traveling, but I don't know of any great areas (at least CLOSELY near me) that would allot to a large amount of time and room for numerous people.

I am willing to travel to NY or PA areas, also Mass, Maine and CT are also within reasonable range. Anyone know of anything or anyone who would be available to gather a large group together at some point during the year to do this- NEAR where i live? I do have a couple of favorite spots of mine nearby, but the trip only lasts about 1-2 hours. unless of course some of YOU live near ME then it might be a nice day thing we could gather on.....

...but moving on, I figured I would pick some of your brains. While I have only gotten to experience a couple off road excursions with a couple of buddies of mine, they are never long enough and seeming to end rather quickly, and lack the "fun" of real off roading where you are gone for a day or so- camping overnight, then continuing on the next day before finally going home. Does anything like that exist?

Thanks for reading guys. Any input is appreciated! :salute:

Andy
Ludlow Vermont

Hi Andy and welcome to the site :salute:

You need to check into local 4x4 clubs which have active members and access to off-road areas. Once you do some digging you'll find that most off-road area are off-limits to the public and only accessible through a club that has permission to use the land. Of course you want to find a club that does the kind of wheeling your interested.

Check out:
East Coast 4 Wheel Drive Association
North East Online Wheelers

BTW NEX New England Explorers has its own forum on Explorer4x4. Be sure to stop by, check us out, and create a thread introducing yourself.

John D.

welcome andy

Back