Overheating issue

niteklub79

Reaction score
City, State
CORPUS CHRISTI
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 base auto 2wd
Hello All,

I was driving to work this morning when i started to hear a scraping/sucking noise from the front end...My thermostat read as though the truck was overheating, so I turned the truck off and attempted to figure out the problem...

Upon inspecting the engine compartment, I noticed that my coolant reservoir was filled to the brim and leaking...I then turned the truck back on to see what the problem could be...

The coolant slowly drained out of the reservoir and I figured all was well, then after a few minutes of driving, the temp gauge started to climb again. I suspect that this is a thermostat issue, since my temp gauge hadn't been climbing above the 'R' in NORMAL over the last week. Another strange aside was that my heat, which never worked before, is now working...

I'm thinking a system flush and a new thermostat, any suggestions/feedback?

probably a good start, you may want to change out your heater core too while you are at it.

I had overheating problems with my 94. Mine overheated at low speeds or in town. I replaced the fan clutch... I didn't know there was such a thing.LOL It works great now.:thumbsup:

Yeah it keeps the fan from turning over a certain RPM, like at highway speeds. Its a noise and fuel saving thing.

Back