P00C6, P0302, P0301, P0303, P0300, P2195, P0171 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

P00C6, P0302, P0301, P0303, P0300, P2195, P0171

UDFxRookie

Reaction score
City, State
New Port Richey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
So my buddy was driving from MI to FL and when he filled up his car he added Fuel injector cleaner and octane boost.... not 100 miles driving he started having some rough driving and now has little to no power when trying to drive. I know what the codes are but before buying parts and jumping to conclusions I wanted to see if I could get some friendly advice from the forum.

He had TONS of codes, so I cleared them and had him start the car which produced these codes:
P00C6 - Fuel rail pressure - engine cranking, pressure too low
P0302 - Cyl 2 misfire
P0301 - Cyl 1 misfire
P0303 - Cyl 3 misfire
P0300 - Random/multiple cyl misfires
P2195 - O2 sensor 1, bank 1 - signal stuck lean
P0171 - System too lean, bank 1

To me, this is an indication of his LP Fuel pump going or gone (the one under the carpet in the tank) as I had a similar issue with my BMW and that was the culprit... the rest of the codes were symptoms of the actual issue. I'm assuming after we change this (IF this is the problem) he's gonna get new plugs too... and maybe replace an O2 sensor if it doesn't clear up.

I tried some live data with fuel rail pressure being 352 psi and Fuel/Air ratio when gassing it at 14.75 (which is LEAN as can be... decent idle NOT when gassing it though)

I'll take ANY input prior to buying and replacing parts.

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I don't know if the following pertains to either of the additives or not. It would seem that since the issue happened shortly after adding them, it may be related.

The use of fuels with metallic compounds
such as methylcyclopentadienyl
manganese tricarbonyl (commonly known
as MMT), which is a manganese-based
fuel additive, will impair engine
performance and affect the emission
control system.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I don't know if the following pertains to either of the additives or not. It would seem that since the issue happened shortly after adding them, it may be related.

The use of fuels with metallic compounds
such as methylcyclopentadienyl
manganese tricarbonyl (commonly known
as MMT), which is a manganese-based
fuel additive, will impair engine
performance and affect the emission
control system.

Peter
Thank you =)
I 1000% believe it was from the additives, but what did it mess up that I now need to replace? Did it clog the injectors, did it destroy the HP fuel pump or the LP fuel pump?

The car revs and sounds good... the second there is a load on the engine (actually driving it) the car doesn't want to drive and when you attempt WOT it bogs out until you let go of the gas.... going up a hill, forget it LOL

Back