pa 883 & 853 steering link

apollo607

Reaction score
City, State
Queretaro, Mexico
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer '98 XLT 4WD
:D
First of all, thanks to everybody that post you stuff here and share your experience. I have learn a lot from you each day.

Well, my question: I bougth from a PA 853, which it is for the 95-97 models, but now I want to put it in a X 99, what I need to modify of the steering linking bar? I understand that the linking steernig bar is in someway diferent, so what modifications should I take on this part in order to upgrade to the X 99?

Thanks!
:exp::salute:

your best bet is to contact Performance Accessories and ask them, they're pretty decent guys and don't mind helping you via email or phone.

Si

I used the 883 on my '96... My '96 steering link had a 'tit' on it (I assume for lining up purposes) and the steering extension did not. I just ground off the 'tit' on my steering linkage and it slipped right in there.

I think the steering extension on your 853 will have a little grove in it where that 'tit' from the '95-'97s is supposed to go, but won't matter as the end of your 99's steering linkage should be smooth on all 4 sides and should slide right in.

good luck!

Back