PA Rally team 'eXtreme' | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

PA Rally team 'eXtreme'

Im up for meeting at whatever time, Lindsey i think youre gonna find there isnt gonna be whole lot of free time, just when we're on the trails and completing tasks and even then we're gonna need to guys to be ready to help out with tools or parts or whatever. Well in the land of the blind the man with one eye is king and shaun is the "one eye" so if he's ever in the land of the blind he'll be king. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a dremel tool and hole saws, etc. that I can bring along with a s**tload of other tools. I won't be coming to Camp Lizard to make the trek to Johnstown, seeing that I am halfway between the two already. I'll just meet up in Johnstown.

Is the Skunk ready??

Originally posted by JDraper
Is the Skunk ready??

Heh you got me.. i havent talked to chris in a couple of days. im thinking and hoping he's been busy working on the truck. he was supposed to get his install kit for the gears friday.

OK, here we go, first of all, everyone (except jeff) should be at me house no later then 2pm on thursday afternoon, we will be driving out there together.

The skunk is very close to being done, Matt was nice enough to come out this weekend and give me a hand, the gears would have been in but the axle seals were wrong, we got the pinion and carrier all set up, the new bearings are on and the backlash is perfect, so I just have to throw the seals in tomorrow, the put the carrier back in, then I have to mess with the driveshaft and tranny crossmember, fun!!!!..... the rear is done, new shocks and swaybar for highway stability. the winch is also on now. The new tires are on as well, they feel great!!! Im looking foward to the rally and got alot of work still ahead of me.

any questions just ask.

I was thinkin about stickers for the trucks, I was gonna do something larger for the doors, even for the support trucks, even if ya all take em off after the rally, Ill throw some designs up soon...

I was thinkin about stickers for the trucks, I was gonna do something larger for the doors, even for the support trucks
Just please please PLEASE don't make them anything like those tacky ass decals from the Fast and the Furious :D

REALLY glad to hear you almost have the Skunk done, Chris! :bounce:

I spoke to my old buddy out in Johnstown and she's going to come out and say hello and meet the nutjobs I hang with...tried to convince her to bring the love of my life out with her (91 XLT named Silver Bullet that got me started on explorers) but it needs an exhaust and tires bad. Soooooo, she's bringing her Mom's 02 XLT out :D
3 more DAYS!!!!

Originally posted by Spas
Gotcha....

I'm gonna make the reservations for Comfort Inn in Johnstown and Comfort Inn in Pine ...

Is that the Comfort Inn @455 Theatre Drive in Johnstown, and the Comfort In @US 443 & I-83 in Pine Grove??

Is that the Comfort Inn @455 Theatre Drive in Johnstown, and the Comfort In @US 443 & I-83 in Pine Grove??

Uhhhhhhh......

There aren't any other Comfort Inns in the area are there?!?! I forgot to ask :eek:

Jeff, you're not gonna meet up with us and travel out in conga line style?

BTW, the rooms are reserved under 'single' person cuz they wanted more for two people.....you gonna say your name is Lindsy? LOL

Originally posted by Spas
...Jeff, you're not gonna meet up with us and travel out in conga line style?.....

For me to do that, I would have to drive 2 hours east, then 4 hours directly back west again. Easier just to go 2 hours west. Although I could meet up with ya along the way.......What route ya gonna take??? 81 South to the PA Turnpike or 80 West to 220 to Rt. 22?? I'll be coming across 22.

Oh yeah, here's the map to the hotel in Johnstown with directions from Hazleton.

Direction Distance
1: Begin at Hazleton, PA on E Chapel St and go Northwest for 40 feet 0.0

2: Turn right on S Cedar St and go North for 0.2 miles 0.2

3: Turn left on PA-93 and go Northwest for 9 miles 9.2

4: Turn right on ramp at sign reading "I-80 W" and go East for 0.2 miles 9.4

5: Continue on I-80 and go West for 98 miles 107.7

6: Exit I-80 via ramp at sign reading "Exit 158 US-220 S / PA-150 to Milesburg" and go Northeast for 0.3 miles 108.0

7: Turn right on US-220 and go Southwest for 52 miles 159.8

8: Bear right on ramp at sign reading "Exit 28 US-22 to Ebensburg / Hollidaysburg" and go West for 0.4 miles 160.1

9: Continue on US-22,William Penn Hwy and go West for 20 miles 180.5

10: Exit US-22,William Penn Hwy via ramp at sign reading "US-219 S to Johnstown" and go North for 0.4 miles 180.9

11: Continue on US-219 and go South for 15 miles 195.9

12: Exit US-219 via ramp at sign reading "PA-756 to Geiston / Elton" and go Southwest for 0.2 miles 196.1

13: Turn left on PA-756,Elton Rd and go Southeast for 700 feet 196.3

14: Turn right on Theatre Dr and go South for 1000 feet to 455 Theatre Dr 196.5

Attachments

• map2.gif
    map2.gif
    11.9 KB · Views: 194

that looks like the same route i got off of yahoo, i think that one there would be the fastest..

If everyone is going the route listed above, how 'bout I meet you in Altoona since we're all going through there anyways?? A good spot would be off the Plank Road exit in Altoona. Get off 220/I-99 on the Plank Road exit. Turn right on Plank road and into the 1st parking lot on the right. How's that sound??

Sounds good to me. what time should we meet? I think we're leaving chris's @ 3 and im not sure how long it would take to get to alltuna from hazleton :)

You're probably looking at 3.5-4 hours from Hazleton to "Tuna" :D!!! I'll e-mail ya my home and work phone #s so you can call me when the caravan leaves. It's about an hour for me to get to "Tuna".

lol ok jeff, I think for once lindsey is gonna fit in, :p Im @ school right now waiting for my next class to start and i gotta go home and get some work done on my truck. I got a new fanbelt to put on, extend all my breathers, fix the t-case shift linkage and finish getting packed. Only Shaun and I are gonna be coming, the other 2 people who expressed an interest in going have backed out. I think the rat and i will be rolling around 10 and should be @ hazleton around 12. Cya all tomorrow! :D

well, this time tomorrow, we should be in Johnstown PA, getting briefed on the PA offroad rally sponsored by www.wastedtrails.com and Maxiss tires. Team Extreme/wasted trails is gonna put on a show, and we will be at Paragon Adventure Partk on Sunday. Come on over to the park, Lets kick some Jeeper ass!:D

I'm just about all packed up, got the tire on the roof, got the breathers extended, got 4wd um got some other stuff done too... all i gotta do is pack my clothes and im set.

Guess I should probably start packing some stuff.

getting my shti together as we speak, need to gather my tools later on:D:D Lets hear some noise!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

whoop!

Back