paint spots from other cars on sides | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

paint spots from other cars on sides

I didn't know what to search for, so I looked 10 pages into the archive and didn't find what I was looking for.

Since I live on a college campus with a bunch of drunken retards, I have these little paint spots from other cars. It looks like they just swung the door open, hopped in, and drove off. There's no dents in the metal, but the blue, green, silver and other colors make my X's sides look like they've got some weird acne or fungus growing on the side. :mad: ;)

I tried the usuall thumb rubbing and lightly sctratching with the thumbnail but no difference. Is there some compound or cloth that I can use to rub that off? Is there a website with general bodywork/paint maintainence/repair out there?

I saw a couple posts about a clay bar. What's that?

clay bar wont do the trick
Get some Rubbing compound ( any given autoparts store )
rub on rub off. Some times this stuff can be a bit agressive, so don't get too hyper.

Coat it with wax when you are done.

Try the three step stuff from Mother's. 1st step is a compound, 2nd a glaze, and the 3rd a wax. Great stuff. A little costly but brings up the paint like new from swirl marks and oxidation as well.

Quickest stuff I can think of is Meguiar's ScratchX... Stuff truly works wonders and I am almost positive it takes paint from other cars off yours because I took a nice black streak off my car from a F150 that was parked next to me.

All sound like good suggestions, maybe I'll see more at the auto parts store tomarrow or monday. I hate how my X looks with al the little spots all over the sides.

Back