• Register Today It's free!

Painted Trim With Bed Liner

ajthefishermen

Reaction score
City, State
Conneticut
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 XLT
Hey guys, my trim was all scratched and faded so i decided to paint my bumpers and trim all with spray on black bed liner. It came out awesome it stands out and has a nice rugged look i was going for. If you have any questions ask. Also tell me what you think!

BEFORE:
IMG00004-20110812-1330.jpg

AFTER:
IMG00008-20110812-1542.jpg

IMG00009-20110812-1711.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks great man. Nice job! :thumbsup:

Thanks! when are we meeting up to swap stories about our explorers?

Sweetness, nice look.

Just one can? What brand spray liner to be specific? Got any better pics of the front bumper bar? Looks real good!

Two solid cans did the trick. I used Duplicolor Bed Armor Spray it was 12$ a can so for almost 25 dollars changed the whole look of the truck. The bull bar is from Truck Gear Direct on Ebay it was 85$ plus shipping.

Heres some more pictures:
IMG00010-20110813-1123.jpg

IMG00013-20110813-1123.jpg

IMG00012-20110813-1123.jpg

man that looks nice!

Thanks man! I just need some new tires and i'll be good for awhile. B

BTW Kazer you have one of my favorite third gens on here keep up the good work lol

Came out great! What did you do for prep?

thanks aj!

did you paint your rims with the bed liner too? and did you tape off your truck or remove your trim to paint it?

Random thought.

Do you have to use the spray can technique?

OR can you maybe buy a few quarts or a gallon of the stuff and use a foam type brush to put it on?

May be less prep work, with the taping and stuff?

I don't see why not?

Kazer - Rims are just duplicolor high performance wheel paint.
Trim i taped blue painters tape and then taped duct tape and newspaper all the other areas including the wheel well.

MGG - You can use the paint on liner, but it's alot cheaper for the spray can and that's why i did it only 25 vs 30 for a paint on pint.

rdop - I just taped and wet sanded alittle. Since the bedliner is meant to be put on to a painted surface it covers and sticks pretty good and i'll keep everyone posted on how it holds up.

looks great man, ive been wanting to do this to match my bumper

That looks awesome! Good job man.

sweet job! is there any way you can take a close up picture of the paint job so we can see how the texture came out? love the bull bar btw.

I should have bought the spray cans. I bought a quart and its just not applying well at all. Back to the drawing board.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thats looks pretty good, I have the same problem with the faded look it drives me crazy. I put some mothers back to black on it but it only lasts a week or so. Did you look into any other colors like some of the plastic paints by krylon. Im not sure if I wanna do black and I know that bed liner spray only comes in black...Let me know

Back