• Register Today It's free!

painting the ford emblem

JeSSeJohn

Reaction score
City, State
Auburn University
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Explorer Sport v6
what kind of paint do i need to use to paint the ford emblem once I have it sanded? Is it just regular spray paint?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you search, there is an entire thread devoted to it, I believe you just use regular spray paint

i searched and all the old threads said was to paint it the color of your choice, not real clear on the type of paint to use though.

does any one have any pics showing how they were able to get inside the chrome case on the emblem. I am scratching the hell out of mine and I need to find see the correct way to do it. None of the pics off the old threads will load.

to remove the plastic oval from the chrome surround and housing is kinda difficult, i'm not going to lie to you, some come off easy, some are a pain, believe me i've done about 8 of them
anyways its just attached by glue so you want to heat the emblem up really good with a hair dryer then quickly with the smallest flat screwdriver you have *i find that ones for repairing glasses works the best* and gently pry under the plastic oval part. go around the oval doing this trying to get as far under it as you can with out cracking it, then heat it again, and start at one end of the oval get your screwdriver under it good, and try to work just the small part either of the edges of the oval free. you should do this because if you don't you might snap it, once you've gotten a small part of the edge free, take the screw driver and put it under the plastic LONG WAYS, as if you were going to cut the emblem in HALF. Slowly shove it under wiggling it free....

i guess find what works best for you
but make sure hte emblem is heated at almost all times so the glue stays sticky

thanks ! thats the best explaination i have heard so far!

no problem
let us know how it turns out!!!!

Back