Color matched Ford emblems...

draft

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
Mounty Sport
Well, I hate to say it, but I've tried twice now and have failed both times. My first two came out horrible, then I sent them off to another forum member and didn't go out as planned, some unfortunate results. I'm in DIRE need of new, black emblems. My front grille is hating on me with no emblem and just the paint scratched behind it to crap. I know BBQ bought them through that website for $50 and came out top-notch of course... but I just can't justify that much for one.

GIJOE I know offered his services before... I'm willing to pay for new emblems, all materials and labor to get the job done right. Kind of sucks when people roll by, "dam, nice ride.. *30 seconds later*... oh what happened here?", explaining it becomes a hassle. :p

Please do let me know. =)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks nice.. not what I want though. :p

Anyone? =[

I saw some cool looking carbon fiber overlays for ford emblems on ebay, but I think they're for F-150's............are they the same size as Ex's?..............

spindlecone said:
all sorts of diff colors @ www.muskatracing.com, these are the black C.F.

Hmm, $60... still better than $100 for the two. I'll see what finances have to offer once this headlight GB is overwith, money put back in the account and so forth.

Looks like a winner so far though. About $20 for each new emblem, then prob like another $10 each to get them painted if someone were to offer... same amount I guess.

If someone still does this, please do let me know, my options are out on the table!

Looks cool man, and the price is great too. But mine is green so I'm looking for either green, white, or beige.

If anybody knows a place(online) dat sells it, let me know

thanx

If you feel up to trying again, go to a junk yard and get some emblems, they shouldnt cost much if anything. This is a pretty good visual article on how-to, just practice a bit till u get it right. My main prob is I don't want to use brush on paint and I can't find a color matched spray for my green 96. Any way here's the link...

http://www.southernxplorer.com/howto.php?id=19

I just finished my rear today. I don't think it turned out too bad for my first one.
Would love to share pics but not elite. But I can tell you how I did it if interested.

I'm willing to pay for a new emblem and supplies on this still.. I REALLY need to get a front emblem soon, perhaps get the rear done as well. Anyone interested on making some extra cash, of course knows how to do this, and help a fellow member out? :]

GIJOE.. if you're still up for it, let me know man, lol. =]

draft said:
I'm willing to pay for a new emblem and supplies on this still.. I REALLY need to get a front emblem soon, perhaps get the rear done as well. Anyone interested on making some extra cash, of course knows how to do this, and help a fellow member out? :]

GIJOE.. if you're still up for it, let me know man, lol. =]

Im sure you already did this, but how bout PMing him? Or Emailing him....

even though youve already done that

-Caleb

draft said:
Why not break down and get some like mine from Scott Deal? You'll be glad you did. Here is mine.
215126-6Emblems2.jpg

It's extremely hard to eat $50 for each :[

And I've PM'd him countless of times already, figured I'd stop bothering him. :p

Bump! I need black emblems! =[

draft, this guy makes them in all colors. By the time you buy the emblems, paint, and supplies. Then ship them to someone to paint, give them say 10 bucks to do it for ya, then ship them back. You are gonna have 50 in it. And the quality of the job may not be to your satisfaction. But here is the link in case you change your mind or if someone else wants to get some. They are well worth the money unless you know how to paint, I don't. http://planetauto.homestead.com/emblems.html

lol, I know, yours look so dam good. Maybe I'll just have to wait a bit I guess. Already have XM equipment on order, so funds are a little down right now. I suppose I could just get one at a time, but dam, may not be another choice. =[

Thanks!

If you're tired of people asking about the missing emblem and scratched paint behind it, then go grab a regular emblem from a junkyard and put it on there while you wait for you black ones. I'm actually thinkin about gettin some of those carbon fiber ones myself. Probably one at a time though.

Well Ronnie, dam you! I took the dive this afternoon and ordered two, one for the front and rear. I don't think I'll ever forgive myself for spending $100 on just emblems, lol.

Anywho, I know I'm getting fresh, quality ones so it feels alot better than just guessing the turnout of a homemade one. Besides, the truck needs this finishing touch so people (even my parents!) can stop ranting on me about the ugly grill.

:bounce:

Forgot to ask, how long did they take to arrive Ronnie?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It was like 2 weeks. He had to wait to get my paint color in as it's not a common every day paint color. But black is pretty common and he may have that in stock. Did you ask him his turn around time on them?

Back