Parking brake minni drums - need diagram | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Parking brake minni drums - need diagram

tmsoko

Reaction score
City, State
Plymouth, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Adrenalin
Parking brake mini drums - need diagram

OK, I am getting ready to install the Explorer rear disks on my FX4 Ranger axle and have hit a problem. I cannot figure out how the actuator arm set goes back together and even if I have the right arms on the right side!

Does anyone have a picture of the rear brake setup. I have a haynes or similar manual and the arms they show are different than the arms I have! Looks like they used a "similar" system, as even the backing plates are different.

Anyhow, please send me a link or if you have an axle with the disk off, shoot me some pictures of the arm setup and the layout of springs, etc..

I am planning to get the axle on the truck this weekend and am dead in the water until this is fixed.

THANKS!

Bump!!

I'm in a similar situation, I need to know how the levers fit together. Todd, did you ever figure this out?

No, I ended up putting the FX4 - LII axle in the truck with the 10" drums. Never finished or even got back to the discs.

Hopefully some one has done this by now - I mean heck we are 2 1/2 years later! Boy time flies!

Back