For Sale - Parting Out 2001 Explorer Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For Sale Parting Out 2001 Explorer Sport

Hey, last week the motor in my 01 explorer sport (4x4 2 door v6 auto) grenaded (broken timing chain = big hole and oil all over the hi way) so now I'm parting it out. Some of the "high points"
- Super Lift Leaf Springs aprox 3 in (put in last summer),
- Rancho RSX Shocks (last summer) Sale Pending on Front Shocks,
- Gibson Cat back exh, (some surface rust and welded slip joints),
- Accel "Super Coil" ing coil (last summer),
- Taylor Cable Spark Plug Wires (Last Summer, one has a broken clip but does not effect "performance"),
- Brand New in the box NGK Plugs (6),
- Q Logic stealth box rear pass side "map pocket" (sub and amp available),
- 18" Rockstar KMC rims w/ new emblems (needs new tires and "chrome could use some work)
- K & N replacement filter (reusable/ clean and oil)
- In Track Vent Visors Sale Pending

Update:

Curt Industry 2in Receiver Hitch Class III Silver Powder coat (Last Summer, spotless except for some scratches were chains hook up)

All the stock parts are also available, the interior is gray and clean the outside is teal will a lil rust by the rear wheels.

Let me know if you are interested with anything, make an offer and remember shipping from 14845.
I'm looking to part this out before it heads to the junk yard so reasonable offers will be considered.

There's some more stuff like a new hitch and more audio stuff coming soon.

Thanks
Matt

PICT0002.jpg

(old pic but you get the idea)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

how many miles were on it if you don't mind me asking?

how many miles were on it if you don't mind me asking?

She had 146k but I started finding plastic pieces in the oil during the last oil change and you could hear the timing chain for almost a year.

Update:
Curt Industry 2in Receiver Hitch Class III Silver Powder coat (Last Summer, spotless except for some scratches were chains hook up)

Please Feel Free to make offers on parts, I don't care if it is below average, any reasonable offer will be considered!!

Thanks
Matt

Interested in a few things:

If your interior code is AT, what is the condition and price for the console compartment lid and the upper section (cup holder area) of the console? Maybe even the entire console?

Shipping to Alabama may be a little expesive but how about the rear bumper?

Thanks

Interested in a few things:

If your interior code is AT, what is the condition and price for the console compartment lid and the upper section (cup holder area) of the console? Maybe even the entire console?

Shipping to Alabama may be a little expesive but how about the rear bumper?

Thanks
PM'd

I'm heading home Saturday after MBA classes so let me know if anyone is interested in any parts, stock or AF. I got a quote from the junk yard and I didn't like so I'm parting it out myself so don't be afraid to make offers!!

Thanks
Matt

i would take the passenger seat and the rear passenger selt belt latch. but my 01 sport has tan cloth seats. it would look kind of ackward with 1 grey seat and the rest of the inside of the car inside is tan.

but how much would u charge for the passenger seat and rear seat belt latch.

how much would you want for the front bumper cover and lower passenger side front ground effect? I hit 2 deer at 70 and these parts did not survive. This truck located in horseheads?

You have a SOHC correct? How'd you like the the Accel coil pack? What sort of improvements did you get?

Ya it had the 4.0 SOHC. The oem coil was starting to go so I got the Accel as a replacement, I wasn't really expecting a difference but there actually was one. The engine rev'ed a little quicker and everything smoothed right out. I could feel a little extra power when I was towing and when I kept my foot out of it there was a small improvement in MPGs. Overall it was well worth it.

^^ PM'd

what gear's does it have? how much for both axles or for the front or rear?

what gear's does it have? how much for both axles or for the front or rear?

PM'd

Don't be afraid to make me offers on parts!! I'm trying to get rid of this quick so now is the the time to get a deal!!

Interested in the Driver's seat and the center console arm rest. How much?

^^PM'ed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Last chance to make any offers on parts you want if you want them shipped this week! Also next week I'm posting it on CL as a parts truck and will take the first reasonable offer so if you want something make me an offer!

Thanks
Matt

Back