Parts for my future '91 ex. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Parts for my future '91 ex.

ha i wanted different interior but thats an upgrade that isnt nessisary so it will be near the end of the wish list, and yes shipping would definitly kill me with large pieces of interior haha if i ever replace teh driver seat (it has more damage than the rest of the interior) then i will probably get a regular cloth one, i think i would be hard pressed to find a blue cloth or leather driver seat in good shape with teh right blue anywhere around here.

thing is, i can hear the mechanism click inside the door, but it wont budge, the handles feel like they are working fine, just something isnt moving that should be, i dont think its a handle problem, this vehicle has never had kids in it, and the back seat was hardly used other than to keep things on, whole truck is in great shape inside, just the doors wont open from inside, i couldnt even move the child safely lever, so im assuming the inside of teh door got gunked up somewhere.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

will it clean hairy grease and dust out as well? or just unstick minor stuff?

I wouldn't necessarily want to clean out any parts that might have any type of factory lube left. The junk you see won't hurt much. Just spray some lube back in there and open and shut the door 4-5 times or until you like the results. It may take 2-3 times of lubing up the sticky parts. It should be done to all the doors and latches once a year.

okay ill remember this, still odd that teh door sounds like it unlatches when i pull the inner door lever but wont actuallly open..

I have a door like this. It is my driver rear that won't open from the inside. My problem is the handle mechanism broke, not the handle itself, but the part where the metal rod attaches to the plastic of the door handle assembly.

so how did you fix it? take off the inner plastic paneling and replace the parts?

haven't yet, gonna go to junkyard and find another door panel. My infant daughter sits on that side so no rush to fix it. door opens fine from outside.

ah i see. yea well it will suck for me if i dont get it fixed by the time i get it registered and i have insurance so i can drive it, probably going to be carting friends around occasionally and im not going to open the door for them haha

It shouldn't be that hard to fix. If you would like I can take my panels off this weekend and take pictures so you know what to look for. It's a little warmer down here in Florida so I can take my time get you some good photos so you know what you are looking for. It's a little chilly up there and you have to do the work outside, unless you have a heated garage, so I know you want to be able to do it as quick as you can.

haha yes, it is a tad cold here, and yea that would be great if you could do that! I think the inner panel is only held on with plastic pins and when you pry it off they can break and so can things inside and i would really have no clue what to look for etc. Also planning to try to get my dad to take me to the one junkyard within an hours drive from here to get as many parts as i can for it. once it warms up some i plan to do some of the mechanical repairs and whatever i need to get it inspected, just got a new engine belt and plate lights today so those will probably be first.

I haven't forgot about you. It's just been a busy week. Hopefully I'll be able to do it tomorrow.

yea dont worry you said you coudl take your time and im in pretty much no rush, i cant get it inspected until i have the money to so i wont be driving it other than to and from dry spots in the driveway for small repairs haha. but yea no rush, its great that you are bothering to do this anyway! oh and unrelated but i got the replacement belt on (finally, a dry day to do something one it even if somewhat insignificant.) i didnt know what would be involved at first and no one did any write ups on it but when i went out to do it i forgot to bring the camera, figured SOME new vehicle owner like me might be able to use the information. didnt take as much work as i expected though. maybe next time haha.

Sorry for taking so long. It's been busy here with my Trans rebuild, working on my girlfriends bike to sell it and the weather hasn't been cooperating on my days off. I finally took the pictures today and while looking up something else I found the thread I was talking about earlier. Here is the link: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145469 It may help you out down the road if you have window problems too.

I have a 94 explorer xlt ..4x4 recently rebuilt.. clear headlights.. im getting rid of. Lots of new parts if anyone is in the buffalo ny area.
Lkoehler3@yahoo.com
716-348-4171 txt me

Back