• Register Today It's free!

Part's rig

siguaw

Reaction score
City, State
Lynden, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Ford Explorer 2 door
Long story short.. I met this strung out tweaker down the road from me that has a 94 4door auto xlt with a blown tranny. I have a 94 2 door 5 speed. Dude is in serious need of cash flow to feed his habit so he is selling me parts for almost nothing. I need input on the most expensive parts to get. He wont sell the whole thing because when he "finds" the title he wants to get scrap money for it. So put all your experience to good use here guys. Here is a quick list of what i already got from him.

Tow package-$10
Rear bumper-Pack of Pall Mall Menthal's
Transfer case actuator motor-$5
Transfer case computer-$5
Bullet for speedometer-$3
MAF sensor-$5
Manuel locking hubs with adapter's-$20

My rig does not need any parts at the moment but i am trying to snap up the expensive parts while they are available for cheap. what was that boyscout motto? Thanks for the input guys

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Door pulls in good shape?
Center console?
Rear cargo cover?

Good call on the hubs!

Benjam :D

the whole interior on that rig is thrashed.. and way wrong color. Anything else :) ?

Every time you use an apostrophe for a plural, Jesus kills a kitten.

Every time you use an apostrophe for a plural, Jesus kills a kitten.

I seriously follow Christ... and that is still funny. Jus' Sayin'.

siguaw,

I'd see about the starter and alternator firstly. They're over $100 each at the parts house. Radiator might be a good pick (the auto radiator should work fine on your 5 speed, I think). Battery if it's good. A few relay's maybe. Coil pack perhaps. Use your imagination.

Oops, there went a kitten. heh

I would nail the TB and as some one said starter and alt. Heck I would even offer him the scrap price if he has the title and then you get the whole thing.

I have a question for any one

I can post quick replies but for some reason I can not post a new topic all I get is a waiting for response from extreme explorers and then a blank page any one got an Idea what’s up? This has been for 3 days now.

If not could I send my post to one of ya and have you post it as a new topic?
Sorry to high jack this tread but it’s the only way I can find out right now

Siggy, there are some little things I recommend.

splined washer and C clip on the D35 axle shafts
ABS sensor and bolt
spindles
drive shafts
axle shafts
negative battery cable (do not cut, get the whole thing)
Auxiliary tranny cooler
Grill
light assemblies, front and rear

all good suggestion's. I will see what else i can get off him. And yes he bought the rig but he is the kind of guy that will not transfer the title if the tabs are good. '''''' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' '''''''' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ''''''' '' ' ' ' ' ' '......twas a big litter there

And yes he bought the rig but he is the kind of guy that will not transfer the title if the tabs are good.

lol I know way too many like that... I just don't have that kind of luck. In TN the tag belongs to the individual, so no tellin how many display the tag w/o it being legally transferred....

here in Washington state the tabs/plates are assigned to the vehicle. Its kind of nice because if you buy a rig that was just tabbed you only have the sales tax and transfer fee to pay. No need to re-register until the tabs are due again. Only one of few laws i like in this far left wing state.

Back