Parts source in the UK.

Derwent

Reaction score
City, State
Aultgowrie
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer North Face
Hi

New to the site and this has probably been asked before .... Where is the best place to buy parts online for an owner in the UK? I have a Ford Explorer North Face and when on US sites they don't recognise North Face. When I contact the sites they have no idea what I'm talking about and just keep asking for the sub-model details. Does anybody know what the US equivalent of the UK North Face is? Or do you just have to take the parts off the car and see if the picture on the website looks similar or the same and hope for the best!!!

Something tells me I will be hoping for the best!!

Thanks for any help out there.

Dee

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi Dee

I think wht u just have to do is put in the year,trim..i.e. xlt,limited...and if it has 4x4 etc.....forget the north face stuff..from what i c its nothing out of the ordinary.....some times i find parts are very costly here in Canada so if i have the time i use a place in the States called

http://rockauto.com

u can find just about all u will need....and they ship world wide....i have found them to be a great service to me....they can ship stuff over in days..subject to the type of shipping u choose. hope this helps...any probs let me know..i am a brit..so will understand ur lingo..lol
nigel

Welcome Dee,

All us UK owners have this trouble as we have a different sub model to the USA. However all the mechanical parts are the same, apart from RHD specific bits. So it all depends on what parts you are after. For online stuff I use www.rockauto.com for other bits you can contact Chris or Justin or just put a wanted post up and see what results you get.

For information you basically have a 4 door 4x4 with the 4.0 litre SOHC engine and a 3.73 Limited Slip Diff. All the UK models are mechanically the same year for year. Slight trim variations like leather seats and running boards.

For engine parts that are OE i have used tascaparts.com but it helps if you know the part number for them.

For things like brake parts and the like you can use ebay (again check the years and specs) or somewhere like usautomotive.

As said above Chrisquelch does second hand parts and he's a good man!!
Also Justin at explorerpartsuk is very helpful and won't rip you off.
There is also another guy Duncanof England on here that does sell parts on ebay, used and new.

HTH
Jan

Hiya, I also have The same model and it's like the limited model or
The E. B is also alike.
Parts, e bay as many major sellers are now there- saying that
I Still Have A boot full of parts to fit, when I am fit!
Welcome mate- any ?s pm me.

Back