Passenger side one touch window down | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Passenger side one touch window down

The mod has been in for almost a year now with not a single problem; functions like a charm.

Has anyone else done this mod?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just ordered this kit. I'll let you know once I get it installed.

Thanks for posting the links Al

-Jamie

ok i would love to get this for my 2000 XLS, god knows what a pain it is to hold the friggin button down the whole time to put the window down. now the question is, where can someone in canada get this part and at what cost ??

How about using it for one touch window up? I think chaning the wiring would get you that, which to me is a much more usefull feature that alot of newer cars have.

BogFather said:
ok i would love to get this for my 2000 XLS, god knows what a pain it is to hold the friggin button down the whole time to put the window down. now the question is, where can someone in canada get this part and at what cost ??

see post # 1

You can buy a salvage yard one touch module and use it as well, we did it in my wifes old mustang, for the passenger side.

I was surprised to receive this kit only 2 days after I ordered it. I finally set aside some time to install the module this evening, and I have to say that this is one of the easiest mods to install. The convenience is definitely worth the money.

I highly recommend this kit to anyone looking for the one touch feature on their passenger's side window.

Good thread Al, I was hoping to find that I could use these with my mail vehicle. It would take some more thought, maybe later on.
I've done the wiring math to figure out how to install a LF master switch panel into my right door. I will have to cut all eight motor wires, add relays inline to them, and supply full power and ground to each relay(new wires). I will be able to control all windows from my right seat, that will be a good first step. Regards,

Hey Al, can I use the one touch down for the passenger window on the driver's side? it would seem out of place on the passenger side... I'd prefer it over with the other ones so I can control it, you know?

Hey Al, can I use the one touch down for the passenger window on the driver's side? it would seem out of place on the passenger side... I'd prefer it over with the other ones so I can control it, you know?

The driver's side window is already one touch down.

I find the passenger window one touch down very useful.

i think he means can he use that kit on the buttons on the driver side to make it that only the driver can do the one touch down AL

i think he means can he use that kit on the buttons on the driver side to make it that only the driver can do the one touch down AL

The one touch down function works from both the passenger control and the driver control.

Ditto, and they can be added to go up automatically also.

So Al, I just installed the module, and it took me roughly an hour. Ford leaves you no slack what-so-ever, so everything's pulled real tight. After cursing at the module, it was nice to see that my efforts had paid off. :thumbsup:

You don't have to take the whole door panel off, I didn't, I just lifted the switch panel off, which was a headache in a half! There's adequate room for the module to rest in the panel, just no slack in the wires to work with. There's not that many wires. 6-7 for the window switch, and maybe the same for the unlock switch. And YES, the auto-down function works from both the driver's and passenger's side doors.

I pulled the panel off completely. Yes, there is plenty of room.

So... I also think that my switch went bad, because it worked for a little, and now only works from the drivers side, and doesn't go auto down. So I'm guess I'm going to have to replace the switch.

i wonder if you could do this for both the rear windows too? that would be awesome, touch all four buttons at the driver seat and all the windows go down. nice feature if you let one in the car.....unless someones with you, then the window lock is a nice feature

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i wonder if you could do this for both the rear windows too? that would be awesome, touch all four buttons at the driver seat and all the windows go down. nice feature if you let one in the car.....unless someones with you, then the window lock is a nice feature

Yes, it can be done.
\
I have not done it because I never use the rear windows.

Back