• Register Today It's free!

Performance Accesories Questions

kaised

Reaction score
City, State
Farmington, Maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Bronco XLT
I'm planning on purchasing a 2 in body lift for my 93 4dr automatic, from performance accesories. I've searched all the posts and can't seem to figure out whether or not I'll need a steering extension. Does the kit come with that, and does it come with drops for the bumpers and radiator? Is there anything else I should plan on buying with the lift? Is there anything else I should know before taking on this project? Have people had good experiences with this product? Any info is appreciated, thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have some answers to these questions on my site, you can go to http://www.globe-xplorer.com click on body lift, then at the bottom there is a link for Q&A's.
However I dont think you need a steering extension for a 2" lift.
Hope this helps,

extension

as far as I know you would need an extension, I am preety sure that the Performance Accesories lift comes with it though, at least my 3" did, goo luck!

? answered

well there is the answer, I was not sure by the way, sinjin your explorer looks great!!!

Body lifts usually come with everything they need. Sometimes they dont come with bumper brackets. Installation is relatively easy if you follow directions and have the tools. As for the steering link, if it doesn't come with one, you most likely dont need it. However, because of the body lift, there will be a little more strain on steering. Im pretty sure that you can order the links from performance. Oh, yeah, make sure to check the radiator hose is ok. It should be ok.

Hey Sinjin...

...could I get the part number from you for the performance accessories 2" body lift? I am after the same look as your sport. What size tires do you have? Do you have an auto or stick. My only concern with a body lift is will the stick be shorter or is there an extension for it?

Thanks,

Rob

How long did it take to install?

Rob,
Sorry I cant remember what the part number is. I actually have a 3" body lift, and its the kit for a '98 ranger. I have 33" tires, auto, but I think you will be fine if you have the manual. But not totally sure, might want to give Performace Acces. a call.
Sorry I couldnt help you out anymore,

ohh yaa it took us about 11 hrs to install, but that was taking our time, on and off, with swim and beer breaks :)

Bob, the PA kit for the 91-94 Explorer 2" body lift is part #792. For the '98-'00 Ranger 3" lift kit that Sinjin bought, it is part #883.

Hope that helps.

Thanks guys...

...I'll give them a call and see what fits a 96 sport. Perry has offered his shop to put it in, and we've seen the awesome work he did on his purple Explorer...this is all aimed at the trip to Moab next May. I'm psyched!!

Back