Performance Fuel Pump? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Performance Fuel Pump?

take a look around, alot of forum members have modified their cargo area's in order to lug tools around. Heck my friend Joe had a $500 steel drawer installed and lugs around about 800# of crap everywhere he drives

aldive said:
I was referring to the "tuner", the gentleman mentioned as his mechanic. And as Jamie pointed out, I don't feel that this one has a clue as to his problem.

And if you would listen to advise give you on this board, maybe you could resolve your problem.

Oh, by the way, why havn't all the hot shor "pros" where you are from resolved your problem?
Al I think because lazz was led to believe that a dyno can be used as a diagnostic tool, as I recall he reported an A/F in excess of 15? at wot, thats bad, the numbers he had with his mods were less than steller, I think even less than OEM, so he most deff. has a problem, it never would have been the IAC that he swapped out.
He replaced the MAF 6MOS ago, but has it been cleaned since?, He broke the PCV connections, have they been repaired with new parts? has he checked for vac leaks? could he have a bad cat?
Lazz,Am not giving you any ****, I would bet your problem is very simple, I think you just have far to much info, none of which has worked.
Start over again with the basics, one step at a time.

good post Spindle, MANY times we are standing around scratching our heads, talking about all possible solutions for weeks, checking everything. Later turns out issue was something simple skipped over by info overload.
Back to basics, fuel, air, spark.

410Fortune said:
good post Spindle, MANY times we are standing around scratching our heads, talking about all possible solutions for weeks, checking everything. Later turns out issue was something simple skipped over by info overload.
Back to basics, fuel, air, spark.
Or the vastly overlooked hamster on the wheel that just got tired :D

Back