Performance mods | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Performance mods

Well I'm going to be the first to Say Torque Monster Headers!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

I'll do one better, follow the link in my sig to a whole thread about tons of options and parts for the 5.0L (headers are on there :p: )

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'll do one better, follow the link in my sig to a whole thread about tons of options and parts for the 5.0L (headers are on there :p: )

wow that is a great write up but i guess i am just not educated in most car stuff so i am confused as to what a lot of those things are. :D i would love to do somethings like these but i dont see spending a lot money just to get a little more power. I wish i had infinite money :p:

wow that is a great write up but i guess i am just not educated in most car stuff so i am confused as to what a lot of those things are. :D i would love to do somethings like these but i dont see spending a lot money just to get a little more power. I wish i had infinite money :p:

Alot of things like a cold air intake, exhaust, and a a tune are fairly cheap enough to help make some power in your truck. Things like keeping good plugs and wires and a clean air filiter will help you get most the most power out of your truck

The headers are pretty expensive, but worth every penny. I don't think I've seen one person here on the forum that hasn't been very happy with their purchase after they got them installed.

and one other thing that i have a problem with is the difficulty of it. maybe it is because i dont know much about cars but the last thing i want to do is mess something up and then have to go pay a lot of money to fix it. the headers are one thing that i have a hard time doing because i look at my car and see that it looks like i would have to take a whole lot out of the car just to get to them. I need to find somewhere that will install these for me. plus the fact that my dad sees no point in improving my car. i guess he doesnt see it as a hobby for me like i do. it is just what i like to do and to him he would rather just have a stock truck. With the headers, does it improve gas mileage also? and about how much horse power would it add to a 5.0? Thanks

I'm going to be honest and say if you are still in school PLEASE!
listen to your dad.
When you are my age you will wish you did.
You have a very nice truck the way it is.:thumbsup:
Strive to maintain it and it will serve you well.

o yea there is no problem with me staying in school. i make high grades so i am doing good in school and i am working so i have money and want to spend it on my car. this to me is the same as if i was into playing guitars or something people go out and buy 20 guitars and all the amps and stuff like that. so this is my hobby. i havent played sports in a while or anything just because i love cars and i love to do stuff to them and i am not really into that stuff. i would rather be under a car than playing football for the school. it is just my "thing" i guess. i am definately going to college and everything so that i am not as worried about that. but my dad just doesnt see sense in changing stuff that "aint broke". u know what i mean? but that is just me.

It kinda sounds like you need a nice cheap POS project car to try things out on and learn how to do things. Then just do things like a mac intake to your expo. But get something cool, like an old mustang, nova, camaro, t-bird, cougar, something that will turn some heads when you get done with it.

But don't go into debt trying to fix things up or anything like that

o yea i would love to do a project car but right now my dad says we dont have the time or space for another car. eventually i would love to build my own car. my cousin built his mustang and it looks great. i cant wait til i get the oportunity to do that. but incase anyone is giving away a free POS i think i may be able to convince him to take that :D

o yea i would love to do a project car but right now my dad says we dont have the time or space for another car. eventually i would love to build my own car. my cousin built his mustang and it looks great. i cant wait til i get the oportunity to do that. but incase anyone is giving away a free POS i think i may be able to convince him to take that :D

aw man that sucks, the best way tolearn stuff is by getting your hands dirty and doing it. When i was younger i had a storage spot and i would take my project car to and from shop at school and some times i'd leave my daily driver at the storage spot and drive my car home. But that gets exspensive.

Back