• Register Today It's free!

Pics of our 2013 Explorer Sport!

Harley#356

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport
Wife is expecting, so unfortunately we had to trade in her mint 2011 Mustang GT 5.0......we're going to miss banging gear and smoking tires, sucks being an "adult" sometimes lol.

She didn't want to lose all her horsepower, so the 2013 Explorer Sport seemed to be the ticket. We were looking at Edge Sports since we like the looks of those better, but for an extra row of seats/room, and packing a bigger punch, for a tiny price difference, the Explorer Sport won out.

2013, White, 402A, Dual Panel Roof, Trailer Tow Package, and roof rack bars (pick them up Friday). I'll post a thread in the modified section for the mods we already did after these pics were taken.

I really wanted the sienna seat inserts, but she won out since it is her vehicle lol.

We got decent trade for the mustang, I parted all the mods out to fund the mods for the explorer, and we got X-plan on the explorer, 2k incentives, 2 tanks of gas, free roof rack bars, and 1.74% financing.

PICS!

Sport-01.jpg

Sport-02.jpg

Sport-03.jpg

Sport-04.jpg

Sport-05.jpg

Sport-06.jpg

Sport-07.jpg

Sport-08.jpg

Sport-09.jpg

Sport-10.jpg

Sport-11.jpg

Sport-12.jpg

Sport-13.jpg

Sport-14.jpg

Sport-15.jpg

Sport-16.jpg

Sport-17.jpg

Sport-18.jpg

Sport-19.jpg

Sport-20.jpg

Sport-21.jpg

Sport-22.jpg

Sport-23.jpg

Sport-24.jpg

Sport-25.jpg

Sport-26.jpg

Sport-27.jpg

Sport-28.jpg

Sport-29.jpg

Sport-30.jpg

Sport-31.jpg

Sport-32.jpg

Sport-33.jpg

Sport-34.jpg

Sport-35.jpg

Sport-36.jpg

Sport-37.jpg

Sport-38.jpg

Sport-39.jpg

Sport-40.jpg

Sport-41.jpg

Sport-42.jpg

Sport-43.jpg

Sport-44.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I LIKE the taking up two parking spaces ! No need to get a door ding before it's off the sales lot !!!

My kind of stable there - a 5.0, a raptor, and now twin turbo :thumbsup:

Talk about a let down when we brought my truck in for a rear sway bar, this is what they gave us as a loaner :) I mean appreciate they gave us a loaner, but..... really ? from a twin turbo v6 and 800 lbft diesel truck to THIS ?!?:eek:

Attachments

• cmax.jpg
    cmax.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 1,469

lol yeah we're Ford gear heads. In the garage I've got a 2000 Harley truck that makes 789 rwhp and 871 rwtq and runs 9.89 in the 1/4 mile. On the side of the garage is an '85 F-150 with a '94 Lightning drivetrain swap, and next to that is my buddy's 03 Lightning that did run 9 seconds but he lifted a head so the motor is out of it currently lol.

I also had a red '04 Lightning, and a dark shadow gray '03 Lightning, and a second twin 00 Harley truck. I used to tow the "race" harley truck wiht the "street" harley truck but it was a bit of a handfull so I replaced that one with the Raptor since it tows much better.

My wife's DD was the 5.0 Mustang, and before that it was the red '04 L, and before that it was a white '05 SRT-4 Neon (ugh dodge lol). She doesn't quite have the kick her Mustang did, but at least now she's got her turbo fix back with the twins on the sport.

Nice Pics. I hope your wife doesn't feel too bad :D

Wife is expecting, so unfortunately we had to trade in her mint 2011 Mustang GT 5.0......we're going to miss banging gear and smoking tires, sucks being an "adult" sometimes lol.

She didn't want to lose all her horsepower, so the 2013 Explorer Sport seemed to be the ticket. We were looking at Edge Sports since we like the looks of those better, but for an extra row of seats/room, and packing a bigger punch, for a tiny price difference, the Explorer Sport won out.

2013, White, 402A, Dual Panel Roof, Trailer Tow Package, and roof rack bars (pick them up Friday). I'll post a thread in the modified section for the mods we already did after these pics were taken.

I really wanted the sienna seat inserts, but she won out since it is her vehicle lol.

We got decent trade for the mustang, I parted all the mods out to fund the mods for the explorer, and we got X-plan on the explorer, 2k incentives, 2 tanks of gas, free roof rack bars, and 1.74% financing.

Sport-28.jpg

Sport-44.jpg
Very, very nice. Having seen the photos, I have a question on a couple of them.

It seems that with the 3rd row seats up, that the floor is higher than mine. I seem to have a fairly deep well when the seats are up. Not sure if it is an optical illusion because yours is still so clean that you don't have the same depth or not.

On the other picture, it show door open and 2 light indicators. Do those light indicators remain on when driving with the lights on? On the 2011, there are no dash indicators at all that your lights are on.

Peter

Attachments

• P5220081_1.JPG
    P5220081_1.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 1,399
  • P5220082_1.JPG
    P5220082_1.JPG
    164.3 KB · Views: 1,444

We have the exact same Explorer :)

Just mean posting all those picture when mines hours away haha. Sitting here at work (I work at the dealership) staring out the window hoping for the transporter to pull up. Congrats again and GREAT fleet of rides. I won the argument on the Sienna Int only because I live alone and had nobody to fight with about it. HEHE But I love the black too.

Very, very nice. Having seen the photos, I have a question on a couple of them.

It seems that with the 3rd row seats up, that the floor is higher than mine. I seem to have a fairly deep well when the seats are up. Not sure if it is an optical illusion because yours is still so clean that you don't have the same depth or not.

On the other picture, it show door open and 2 light indicators. Do those light indicators remain on when driving with the lights on? On the 2011, there are no dash indicators at all that your lights are on.

Peter

It's just an optical illusion. When my 3rd row is up the trunk area does drop down like your pics show. It's actually pretty convenient, since some stuff I want flat for bigger cargo, but other stuff its nice dropping down into that area to keep things from tipping over like a row of grocery bags. So far we've been flipping them up and down quite a bit. I want a weatertech mat for the back but I"ll lose the functionality of changing the cargo area as easily.

On the light indicator, there's 2 on the dash. I forget which one is which, but one turns on if the headlights are on, and the other if the fogs are on. I like it because I always run the fogs on, but usually can't tell especially daytime, so it's convenient to glance down and see they're on.

We have the exact same Explorer :)

Yours has stickier tires lol. Ours just has the all season hankooks since it's just a daily driver and we have all 4 seasons here in NJ.

Just mean posting all those picture when mines hours away haha. Sitting here at work (I work at the dealership) staring out the window hoping for the transporter to pull up. Congrats again and GREAT fleet of rides. I won the argument on the Sienna Int only because I live alone and had nobody to fight with about it. HEHE But I love the black too.

lol, figured it'd give you something to hold you over! Now don't hold out on me with a full review and pics when you install the H&R springs! I'd love to do that mod this summer or fall before winter hits.

And I almost won the sienna arguement. We found an exact one like she wanted in Delaware, BUT it had Sienna seats. Then my buddy called back an hour later saying he also found one 100% exactly like we wanted to order here in NJ, with black seats. Since it was 2 hours closer and exactly as she wanted we ended up getting that one, but if it hadn't of been for that, we would have gotten the one in DE with Sienna. Shame because the more pics I see with the sienna seat inserts, the more I like it. Just adds a touch of more of a high end look to the interior with the subtle two tone. Oh well, it is the wife's car lol.

345 to empty? On a full tank mine reads 244 to empty!

Looks great! Exactly what we ordered, it arrived last week.

lol, figured it'd give you something to hold you over! Now don't hold out on me with a full review and pics when you install the H&R springs! I'd love to do that mod this summer or fall before winter hits.

And I almost won the sienna arguement. We found an exact one like she wanted in Delaware, BUT it had Sienna seats. Then my buddy called back an hour later saying he also found one 100% exactly like we wanted to order here in NJ, with black seats. Since it was 2 hours closer and exactly as she wanted we ended up getting that one, but if it hadn't of been for that, we would have gotten the one in DE with Sienna. Shame because the more pics I see with the sienna seat inserts, the more I like it. Just adds a touch of more of a high end look to the interior with the subtle two tone. Oh well, it is the wife's car lol.[/QUOTE]

haha thanks, ill have the springs in hand around the 31st then have then installed the following week. No worries ill post them and a ride difference review when its all done. Hopefully a cheap easy mod that will turn out good.

umm notice the whole 12 miles or whatever on the odometer lol, and 7 mpg....can't trust any of that till it's broken in and has more than 12 miles on the clock lol. Although with an 18.6 gallon tank, if you're is only saying 244 to empty, that's only 13.1 mpg....you driving that explorer like the gas pedal is an on/off switch? lol. Even going from the 5.0 mustang to the explorer and still wanting to romp around, we're showing 16 mpg after the first full tank which is 300 miles to E on a fillup. 345 to E is 18.5 mpg. With 16/22 rating, and our driving being a mix, I fully expect 18. Even in the 5.0 mustang we always got 20 even flogging it around.

I'm guessing kilometers vs miles is the reason ;)

unless they use km in texas instead of miles that's not it lol

Running boards arrived today. :)

That blacked out ford emblem looks nice. I don't think running boards will be a mod we add though. With the way the doors open all the way to the sill, and the height of the explorer being pretty low, it's a lateral step across to get in, not stepping up like the Raptor or down like the mustang, so I think running boards will just be more of a PITA for getting in and out since I don't need a step, and it'll just make you have to stand further away onthe ground to reach the seat.

or...
Maybe the ExSport has a setting like my truck does -
to calculate MTE based on normal or towing rates ?
either of you have tow pkg ?

I do, and it's set to off to not include towing in MPG, but the biggest thing you guys are missing, there's only 15 miles on the odometer in that photo. The computer comes with a predefined starting point of x.. to empty when there's zero history in the computer memory since there have been zero tanks of gas through the vehicle yet. It will take your driving habbits and past history to give you the estimated miles to E based off driving history. WHen there's no history though, that number is just fluff.

Good point. Typically on a full tank mine shows 244mi to empty. I currently have 1800 miles on mine.

Good point. Typically on a full tank mine shows 244mi to empty. I currently have 1800 miles on mine.
After my last fill the screen indicated 574 km (356 miles) to empty. I have just over 13,800 km (8,575 miles) on it. My current driving about 50/50 city/hwy.

Peter

Wow, I'm getting crap gas mileage. 95% of my driving is city though.

(Sorry, don't mean to hijack this thread!)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I want a weatertech mat for the back but I"ll lose the functionality of changing the cargo area as easily.

Don't fret about the WeatherTech cargo mat. Got mine two days ago and it's perfect. Also, when I need to use the seats the mat rolls up nicely and goes behind the third row...We usually keep the large stroller in the cargo area with the rears folded down...not an issue to get the mat rolled and the stroller stowed behind the 3rd row. 6 seats when you want them, in about 2 minutes.

Back