pillar post? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

pillar post?

Humphry21

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 eddie bauer explorer
Hi i am new to this site so please forgive me if i posted in wrong location i have recently bought a 2002 eddie bauer explorer and was wondering where can i find new pillar posts a,b, and most importantly c (chrome if possible)

Thanks Humphry21

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Most folks just paint the ones they have. If you want chrome, you can use vinyl that will be almost as shiny.

Welcome aboard!! :salute:

I believe the chrome ones are available on eBay. If you decide to paint them, here are some threads to help you out.

I painted my back ones with them on the Ex because they were riveted: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums//showthread.php?t=284189

Removal of the front pillar trim:

This is the front passenger door. I know the driver door is the same except if you have the keypad, then you have to deal with that. The rear doors should be the same. I haven't removed the pillars, so I can't tell you what to do after the screws are removed. I investigated the screws, but ran out of time due to the winter so I never got the door pillars done. Enough chit-chat!

Make sure the window is in the fully down position. Start at the bottom, indicated by the yellow arrow and pull the weatherstripping in the direction of the red arrows. Work your way to the top of the door. It comes out & goes in pretty easy:

DoorPillarTrimWeatherstrippingCustom.jpg

There are four screws holding the pillar in, indicated by the red arrows. You can't see the bottom one in the picture, but it's there! Be very careful taking the screws out, you don't want to drop them in the door. Maybe use a magnetic screwdriver:

DoorPillarTrimScrewAccessCustom.jpg

I hope this helps out! :biggthump

Thanks u guys now can u explain what vinyl is I'm new to the vehicle world

There also sold on amazon

Back