Pin Striping/Hitch | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pin Striping/Hitch

Reaction score
City, State
Jacksonville, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
Hey everyone
New to the forum, but have read some very interesting stories.
I bought a basic off the lot, because I didn't want to wait. The only thing I would like to have had was the 18" weels and trailer hitch. Otherwise the basic is pretty loaded for my needs. I installed a Curt hitch in 2 hours and a little sweet for $150 and it looks good.
One question I have is has anyone pin striped thier ex? I would love to do it, but cant visulizae the body line I would use.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey everyone
New to the forum, but have read some very interesting stories.
I bought a basic off the lot, because I didn't want to wait. The only thing I would like to have had was the 18" weels and trailer hitch. Otherwise the basic is pretty loaded for my needs. I installed a Curt hitch in 2 hours and a little sweet for $150 and it looks good.
One question I have is has anyone pin striped thier ex? I would love to do it, but cant visulizae the body line I would use.

There was another person here who has or is about to do a pinstripe. I think it would look good if done correctly but that's a personal preference thing. You do know if you didn't get the tow package from the factory the max two ratting is only 2000 lbs correct?

I have a white one and put a double black stripe on it and it looks sharp. I placed it about an 1 1/2 down on the doors and followed the body line.

I have a silver EX and installed a dark metallic blue double strip around it. I started just below the hood line at the front headlights and ran it around to the back. On the side I kept it going and below the body line. At the rear corners it is just above the rear lights. At the back it lined up nicely with the oval Ford emblem. I would suggest using a wide double strip. I used ½ wide (1/4 strip, 1/8 space, 1/8 strip). I first used a thinner one but because there is so much vertical metal, door height, that the pin strip was barely visible. A wider pin strip would not fit above the rear lights and the body line.

I am very pleased with the pin striping.
White suede with gold pin stripes.

Yes thanks, I only pull a small boat a couple of times a year.

Back