Pioneer DEH-P4100 - '94 Ex Question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pioneer DEH-P4100 - '94 Ex Question

Rebus Knebus

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Keller, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
My daughter gave me her Pioneer DEH-P4100 CD deck when she bought an Explorer Sport (It already had a CD player).

Will this unit fit my 1994 Explorer XLT? If so, what kind of adapters, if any, are required and where can I get them.

Thanks

You'll need a wire harness kit for it... You can get that at www.crutchfield.com ... I believe that the 1st gen explorers had single din openings for headunits instead of the double din like the 2nd gens have so you shouldn't need a dask kit to my knowelege...

By the way, welcome to the site... You're find tons of usefull information here for just about anything you want to know about your X...

I put that exact same deck in my gf's '94 Sport (when she had it)... All you'll need is the above wiring harness (which will connect to the plugs in the dash, and the amp bypass kit (which is just 2 plugs connected by 6" of wiring). The amp by pass on the Gen1 trucks is easier than Gen 2 b/c all you have to do is unplug the factory wiring and snap the bypass plug between the input/output plugs on the amp. (Oh, the amp is underneath the passenger side rear cargo window ~ behind the plastic panel). Good luck, feel free to ask any questions ~ when working at Crutchfield, they made me do all of the Explorer's that came in b/c I had one.

EDIT: Oh, and that year of truck is probably one of the easiest to mount the radio... You won't need any mounting kit, you'll just mount the cage into the place where the factory radio was, and the radio follows

i concure its very easy once you get the bipass harness plugged in that was the only semi difficult part, at least getting to the thing was :confused:

Back