Pirelli Scorpion Zero | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pirelli Scorpion Zero

Is anyone running the Pirelli Scorpion Zero tires on their Explorer?

Comments....

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yeah, im running them. i think theyre amazing. im running 285 60 r17's. personally, i tend to like the more exotic stuff, so when i was shopping around for tires, i was looking at the pirellis and some falken ziexs. theyre pretty close in price, if i remember correctly, but i think pirelli just makes a better product. when i was doing my research on which to get, i spoke to a lot of people with explorers who had the scorpion zeroes, and not one person had even a minor complaint about them, so i went for it, and now, i cant think of one bad thing to say about them (except that theyre a little pricey, but i think theyre definitely worth every cent. i think mine were about $167/tire when i bought 'em over the summer.) anyone that ever asks about them, i recommend the pirellis to them.

I am running the Falkens and love them. I have 265/60/18s and prefer them to the Pirelli because mine have a utog of 420 , depending on the size you want the scorpions only have a ratting of 300. I also think the Falkens were cheaper. I live in Co. and these tires really eat up the snow as well as the skid pad.:fire:

Hey I run Pirelli Scorpion Zeros of size 285/60/17 and love them also. Ya I was also looking at the Falkken Zeiss or whatever and the Yokohama AVS S/T. After talking to everyone that had or has run the Zeros there was no way I couldn't get them. Also, when it snowed one time this year in Dallas about 3" and froze it handled awesome. It handles great in rain too. Recommend them to anyone.

are the scorpion zeros unidirectional? im thinking of getting them or the bridgestone dueler H/P's. I think the dueler's are unidirectional. i would rather not have a unidirectional tire because it sucks for rotation. I think the scorpions are bidirectional by looking at the tread but im not sure. anyone know for sure?

I dunno about the pirelli's but I'm running bridgestone hp's and I can tell you they ARE unidirectional. However they are amazing tires. They were cheaper than the pirelli's and I think they look better too :)

cdexplorer -
do you get any rubbing? do you have spacers? are you at stock height?

Back