Planning a trip to Dusy

cmhaah06

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
CLOVIS, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT
I am planning a trip to the Dusy Ershim trail. Looking for someone who has run the trail before. What equipment (winches, lockers, size tires) do you need to complete this trail?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Paging RockRanger...

Ok, so I have some werk to do. Thanks for the info.

Not sure how built you are. If you are fairly stock there is a nice run in your area in May. It is put on by the Mountain toppers 4wd club. It is held in Blue canyon at the top of the four lane. I have been to it every year sense 2002. I have only run the complete trail once. that might have to do with dating/marrying the former club president's daughter. I have fun seeing alot of people I only see once a year.

It is not a very hard trail for me but is great for mildly built rigs.

Sounds good. I have a little time to build up then. I am working on a budget for my truck right now. It is getting a little extensive though, but the wife says its ok, soooooooo....I am having fun planning. Trying to stretch every dollar though. Plan is to stay low w/ biggest tires I can fit. I see a lot of trimming in the future. Boatsiding?

Back