PLEASE HELP NEEDED QUICKLY! Tranny fluid leaks | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

PLEASE HELP NEEDED QUICKLY! Tranny fluid leaks

As long as the fluid level is high enough to reach the full mark on the dipstick with the engine running in park on level ground it should be fine to drive. It will be OK to be a little overfilled, it won't hurt anything.

As long as the fluid level is high enough to reach the full mark on the dipstick with the engine running in park on level ground it should be fine to drive. It will be OK to be a little overfilled, it won't hurt anything.
Thanks.

I just checked it again today and it was reading directly below the 2nd circle, so I put maybe another quart or so in. Safe to drive then...this wouldnt by any chance be caused by the torque converter...right? I know that the TC is sort of a fluid pump, which pumps the ATF around the outsides of the tranny using the impellers vanes to produce centrifugal force as a fluid pump...would this by any chance cause this? It was tested by the tranny rebuilder (dont really believe him any more) that it was good. (no vanes were broken)

Thank you!

Back