PLEASE HELP!!!!! Price on Water Pump | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

PLEASE HELP!!!!! Price on Water Pump

Mountaineer97TM

Reaction score
City, State
Egg Harbor Township, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Mountainer AWD V-8
My car is in the shop currently and getting the water pump replaced. When doing the work they bolt snapped and they said they have pull more stuff out now to fix it. I got a price of no more then $700. Anyone have a clue on this. I usually do the work myself on my car but its to damn cold here right now. Its 20 degrees. Please let me know the range. I don't want get ripped the hell off!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

700 sounds a bit high. the water labor should be no more than 3 hours.. so unless they're charging you $400 for the water pump id say its a rip off.

not to mention theres 3 bolts for the bracket that hold on the alternator and 4 bolts for the bracket that hold the power steering pump.. takes less than 20 minutes to get all that off then the water pumps wide open.

I snapped a bolt while changing mine once and it maybe added 15 minutes to the total time. Ask them to break down the cost for you.

I will. I thought it seemed high. What u think be a good price for this exact job. This exact job???

Lol Thanks. The dealer had it since this morning and has it all torn apart. Suppose have it back tomorrow morning before I go to my girls. Said I am lucky I heard the nose because pump was about to go. So like $600 when I get my bill tomorrow should be it.

The part would cost you no more then $50 or $60 at a parts store. If you're skeptical, ask them for a Chilton's Labor Manual. It should give you a rough idea how much time a tech should take to replace the water pump on your truck specifically.

Thanks man. Sucks I can't do it but its been so damn cold here, that I can't get time to do it.

Back