BD's 2000 Explorer Limited | Page 55 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BD's 2000 Explorer Limited

2000 Explorer Limited

-Picked her up (10/13/2010)
-140,093 miles when I test drove it
-5.0 V8, AWD
-Pearl White
-Dark grey leather interior

My dream explorer basically, no more old ones, no more sports, I finally have an Explorer that I love everything about!

I absolutely love the limited, its got:
-Seats w/ headrests
-Memory power seats
-Heated/Puddle mirrors
-Better mirror without all the buttons, just the slider
-Painted to match bumpers and grille
-Woodgrain radio bezel
-Digital HVAC controls
-And its got the homelink visor with a nifty little voice recorder that I will probably never use LOL

And alot more, but im just in awe over its nice features compared to my previous rides. They even recently (In the past few months) had a brand new hitch installed and the trailer harness all wired up.

I dont have any set plans for this one yet, I do have hopes and dreams though, and im stoked about the V8 that has so many options.

Dream list:
-Torque Monster headers
-Custom Tune
-LED tails (Something custom maybe, I just need to study up on resistors and whatnot)
-BMW projectors in a blacked out housing

It does have a few problems that id like some help with, (Fixed all, besides this one)
1. The blower only works when its on all the way high, (Same thing in my grandam, but it was the blower motor resistor then everything worked great) is that a common problem on the digital HVACs?

"For sure" plans include:
-New rims, id like to get a nice 5-spoke set of 20's with a beefy tire
-Paint job in the spring, black
-Some interior accents (Id like todo another metallic blue color like I did in my grandam)

He was asking 3400$ in the ad, but I talked him and his wife down to 2900$ because I was pointing all the little problems out that I mentioned above.

I didnt get a chance to really take any pictures, as it was raining, and almost dark by the time I got home.

10-13-201011-32-20PM.png

IMG_1254.jpg

IMG_1255.jpg

I was bored on the way home so I took some random "driving" pictures :D

IMG_1252.jpg

My friend was driving my Grand Am in front of me, I have a Avic-F700BT in there that will also be going into the Explorer, he was using the GPS to get us back home

I was extremely happy also, I was averaging 16.2 MPG driving with a decently heavy foot getting the feel for the V8 I was controlling :D

IMG_1251.jpg

Edit- 1/21/11
New parts!

Hubs
Tie rod ends
Lower ball joints
Upper ball joints (Control arms)
Tires: Firestone Destination A/T's 255/70/R16's
Brake Pads

Soon:
Slotted (And drilled maybe) Rotors
Better pads
New shocks
Leafs
Shackles
Amsoil (In everything!)
Rebuilding tranny (And possibly a valve body kit)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

64 gigs baby!

IMAG0252.jpg

So far just some hot glue holding in the "case" for the iPad. Its a real thick plastic with a rubber lining, and the iPad just "pushes" right into it basically.

I also modded the dock connector. This is gonna be just for power, ill have a 3.5mm going for audio to the back of the headunit.

IMAG0250.jpg

IMAG0251.jpg

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Gunna be very flash mate, great stuff:thumbsup:

Bumper progress?? lol

Almost done:D

Anyways, after a monthnof waiting I finally got my new blinkers. I figured I'd change it up a bit and go with red instead of amber. Im also gonna wire them up to the running lights.

IMAG0295.jpg

IMAG0297.jpg

IMAG0302.jpg

It's been raining everyday lately which has put a damper on the fog lights (Got new ones, and a 6000k DDM HID kit for them) and my bumper. I got a little more on the iPad install done. The center console is sanded smooth and ready for paint.

IMAG0265.jpg

IMAG0273.jpg

These DDM ballasts are amazingly small! Even smaller than the kit I ordered 3 months ago for the Fiesta.

IMAG0281.jpg

IMAG0282.jpg

I opened them up to put the led ring in, and I removed the "cap" to paint the outside black. The original tannish color was ugly. The 9006 HID kit fit wonderfully, I just had to dremmel the tabs a bit and it fit nice and snug. I still sealed them up after installation.

IMAG0284.jpg

It looked like hell outside just a short while ago, but once I get home if it's not raining these fogs are finally going in and getting wired up.

I like the new radio location, pretty slick. Personally, I think you may find it a pain to have to reach up behind to fiddle with the climate controls. I would move it into the console right below the radio, its all electronically controlled isn't it, or are there vac lines and stuff connecting it?

or relocate the HVAC controls to the center console or glovebox

Sadly there's both vacuum lines and wires. I know I WILL move it it's just not at the top of my list. (I never switch from 60* and Max AC besides winter, I switch to vent/floor and 90* (Plus I have steering wheel controls for it)

Thanks for the compliment though sport!

lookin good brian

WHERE is this friggin' BUMPER?!?!?! :D

:thumbdwn:Kroger decided to downsize today! All my projects are on a dead hault as of right now. (Besides what I have at hand to use, I wont buy anything until I find another job)

Anyone wanna trade me for a gas efficient somethin or other for a month or two? :p:

I know where there is a nice Grand Am...

:scratch:

Sorry to hear about your job, Brian. You'll get back on your feet quick, you're a smart cookie.. or doughnut... whatever you wanna be. lol.

I want to be a Slurpee :D

2 days after the Kroger ordeal, I turned in an app for 7-Eleven and they hired me on the spot...I start tonight at 11 and work til 7am....Ive always wanted late shifts like this, but now that I have one, im pretty nervous!

(And this job is temporary until I get into a factory or something bigger)

sweet amigo!!!!

The one on LaPlaisance road (Its right off 75, exit 11)

Im making a bit less there, BUT I live literally 1.5 miles away, whereas Kroger was about 12 miles away, its always nice and cold in there (Im always hot, I wear shorts in the winter!), I get free slurpees, coffee, cappucinos (sp?), and other cool stuff. Plus I get the midnight shift, 11p-7a, which I love, I have plenty of time to get the stuff done I need to, its not too busy, and Taco Bell is there too, theyre open until like 3am :D

Plus, another thing I love, is not driving ALL THE WAY there to get my checks like Kroger. I get a mastercard looking thing, that my money gets automatically deposited onto, and theres an ATM in the store that I can get the money off it with no fees if I ever needed to.

Pretty cool job for now I must say:thumbsup:

Back