• Register Today It's free!

Please Help!!

saleen_02

Reaction score
City, State
vancouver
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 EB
Hi, When i go to start my ex (1992) all i hear is a single click. when i turn the key half way i can hear the fuel pump. the dash lights come on. but when i go to crank it over, all i hear is a single click.

Thank you for your help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Find a long stick or crawl underneath and whack the starter a few times hard and se if it'll turn over afer. My 92 did this and hitting the starter jarred the brushes enough to get it running and to the garage.

I just had the exact same problem, after replacing the starter, and solinoid, it came down to a broken wire between the battery and the starter (unless it has a fusible link in there somewhere, LOL) I just ran a new wire to the starter, and this took care of my troubles. Hope this helps.
Derbytown

Please don't start two threads for the same problem. Moderators hate that.

Lt.Jim said:
Please don't start two threads for the same problem. Moderators hate that.

not only do that hate it, but it is a clear and blatant disregard for the forum rules that you agreed to recently when you joined this site

Sorry, this came to me from an e-mail. Thought I could help the guy, so I posted what I did. Sorry, again, if I have broken any rules. I'll try not to do it in the future.
Derbytown

EXCUSE ME!! but i was desperate i was not getting any replies.

well have you checked the wiring?
Are you sure your battery is not dead?

Take it easy there saleen. If you dont get an answer right away bump the thread at a later date.

Derbytown we were'nt talking about your post.

Ok, Thanks
Derbytown

Back