• Register Today It's free!

please help !!!!

chamuko

Reaction score
City, State
london ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 explorer sport
i have a 2000 explorer sport , lately i have hear a not that loud clonk under the driver side when i go over a bump or in a pot hole on the street , at first i knew that the upper control arm and lower ball joint were bad , so they got changed but the noise still there i am concern due to the lack of experince in this type of utility trucks and i am not sure if it is the suspension or anything else that might need to be check ...so please any info or sugestions are more than welcome
thx a very concerned new explorer owner.... :exp: :confused:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How many miles are on it? Could it be time for a shock change?

edit for canada: how many kilometers are on it? :D

thx for the info !!!

something like 295233 km and yes probably thats what it is thanks for the help and hope thats what the problem is ... :thumbsup:

That is a lot of travel for stock shocks. I would start with them, since they are relatively cheap and easy.

There is another idea that is popping in my head that could be the issue, but start with the shocks and let us know if that helps.

good idea

well thx again and will start right there and will let u guys know what the outcome is ...keep posting very interesting reading material here to learn a whlo lot on new tricks about explorers ... oh and by the way all this kms are highway driven at least most of them... :D

would like to know what the other idea is??

Robb said:
That is a lot of travel for stock shocks. I would start with them, since they are relatively cheap and easy.

There is another idea that is popping in my head that could be the issue, but start with the shocks and let us know if that helps.
please relate to this quote

Back