plugs and wires recommendations ( I did search!) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

plugs and wires recommendations ( I did search!)

spotted dogs

Reaction score
City, State
merritt, bc, canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 ltd 4.0 sohc
I have done a bunch of reading on a wack of posts on the topic but nothing really jumped out at me.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to type of plugs and wires to get (ie. Bosch, NGK, Champion, Motorcraft etc) I am not sure if I can get autolite up here in Canada.

I am also assuming that I should replace my wires too? ( I have 200 000 Kms on the truck)

Thanks,

PS Merry Christmas to all!!!!:)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I use the Bosch Platinum plugs and the regular Autolite OEM replacement wires. I've got no complaints.

There is a plethora of good wires to choose from, however, when it comes to plugs the prudent choice is Motorcraft.

Good luck ....

I agree with Al Motorcraft only.

What about wires, what would you guys recomend? or should i just go grab a set from the parts store!

I use Jacobs, however there are quite a few excellent aftermarket wires.

I use Magnecore and in my opinion they are the best hands down. Motorcraft and other aftermarkets like Bosch, Autolite and Fram have inferior build quality.

If you are looking for a performance wire a lot of the modified guys are running JBA.

I paid $59 for a set of Magencore super stock 8mm and am very impressed.

Do the wires and the plugs. Best way is thru the wheel wells. Remember to put anit-seize on the new plugs. You will greatly appreciate it the next time.

You will do just fine with the Motorcraft plugs and wires.

Back