• Register Today It's free!

Plugs, wires and the like...

misconceived

Reaction score
City, State
EAST of NOWHERE U.S.A.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 XLT
I was wondering what you guys were using for aftermarket ignition. I want to upgrade but I am having no luck finding anything. Anyone know of any aftermarket companies that sell specifically for the 02-05 v6? I see the screamin demon coil, but they only list through the '95 v6 on their website. Any suggestions?:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Factory ford Ignition is plenty good, many, MANY, mustang guys running stock ignition with tons of boost on both the 4.0L and 4.6L engines. Spend your money elsewhere.

If you are doing this trying to make hp. You are mistaken. An ignition will not create horsepower, but it is necessary to release it.

It wasn't on my list of things to buy, just trying to get an idea of what my options are.

I guess next question would be opinions on plug wires but aldive has done it before.:thumbsup:

No, I do not think that it will add horsepower. I happen to have that damn idle that likes to shudder occasionally and looking for ways to smooth it out a little.

Thanks for the responses.:D

Back