Possible to Purchase Explorer Sport Rims? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Possible to Purchase Explorer Sport Rims?

These still available? I PM'd you last week didnt hear anything.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

These still available? I PM'd you last week didnt hear anything.
Welcome to the Forum Xplorer2014.:wavey:
The post to which you replied has been removed. Only Elite members may sell or offer to sell items on the Forum.

Peter

Can I purchase just the Sport Rims?? I'd like to put my own rubber on...will they fit my 2013 LTD?

Matt,

did you ever get this sorted out? I am looking at buying a new Explorer. Wife wants the Limited and I want the Sport. The wheels are the deal breaker for her.
Really I am just after the motor, but Ford doesn't offer the 3.5 EcoBoost in the Limited. So instead I am looking to buy the Sport and find a way to get the wheels of the Limited.

Go to eBay.

Matt,

did you ever get this sorted out? I am looking at buying a new Explorer. Wife wants the Limited and I want the Sport. The wheels are the deal breaker for her.
Really I am just after the motor, but Ford doesn't offer the 3.5 EcoBoost in the Limited. So instead I am looking to buy the Sport and find a way to get the wheels of the Limited.

The Sport Wheels look great!

My wife drives our SPORT most of the time as it's our Family Hauler.

Don't even consider the Explorer without BOOST, the other iterations of this truck are underpowered.

The Sport Wheels looks great!

My wife drives our SPORT most of the time as it's our Family Hauler.

Don't even consider the Explorer without BOOST, the other iterations of this truck are underpowered.
I guess it comes down to personal expectations. I feel the NA 3.5L V6 is a great engine and supplies more than enough power that one would realistically need for normal every day driving. Also, it appears that there a few posts beginning to trickle in identifying little issues with the EcoBoost.

Peter

I guess it comes down to personal expectations. I feel the NA 3.5L V6 is a great engine and supplies more than enough power that one would realistically need for normal every day driving. Also, it appears that there a few posts beginning to trickle in identifying little issues with the EcoBoost.

Peter

Ha, you may have yourself convinced you have enough power Peter but don't try and sell that to the fans of Boosted motors;) I've added more than 100HP over stock and still after more. I'll admit it's not everyone's goal to have a 12.XX second Explorer:D:

Insurance

Today, I've got to make to the call to my insurance company. While 5/8ths was driving back from Texas with yours' truly in the navigation seat, we hit a curb whilst turning into the parking lot at Trader Joe's in Santa Fe, ruining the right front Sport wheel and severely damaging the right rear also (mostly cosmetic). Of course, this curb encounter was and always is the navigators' fault! ;) The right front tire had to be replaced as it was cut to the steel cords and the right rear was only scuffed a little. The ford dealer had neither the wheel or the tire, but Discount Tire, next door had a new tire (exact match by the way) on the car within two hours (they drove one up from Albuquerque for an extra $100). We proceeded home with no wobbles, but I'll need to replace both wheels before turning in the car November of '15. ALSO...we received a crease in the fuel door area in the same parking lot...not a good day. I'll post what my insurance company says about all this (Met Life). Boy these wheels are pricey!!

Today, I've got to make to the call to my insurance company. While 5/8ths was driving back from Texas with yours' truly in the navigation seat, we hit a curb whilst turning into the parking lot at Trader Joe's in Santa Fe, ruining the right front Sport wheel and severely damaging the right rear also (mostly cosmetic). Of course, this curb encounter was and always is the navigators' fault! ;) The right front tire had to be replaced as it was cut to the steel cords and the right rear was only scuffed a little. The ford dealer had neither the wheel or the tire, but Discount Tire, next door had a new tire (exact match by the way) on the car within two hours (they drove one up from Albuquerque for an extra $100). We proceeded home with no wobbles, but I'll need to replace both wheels before turning in the car November of '15. ALSO...we received a crease in the fuel door area in the same parking lot...not a good day. I'll post what my insurance company says about all this (Met Life). Boy these wheels are pricey!!

my wife hit a curb while I was at work and it was somehow my fault. :)

Same type of thing, flat front tire and both passenger side wheels messed up. Insurance covered all of it and I got the wheels from the shop for $50. They are at a repair place now and I will be selling them when I get them back. Good luck!

Just picked up my Sport last Thursday and looking to possibly get new wheels. I am curious to know what the OEM wheels and tires would be worth? It seems that they are fairly expensive when ordered new through a local parts department.

Before I bought my Sport, I checked with a good friend of mine, a mechanic, about the twin turbo motor. Motors has a great reputation, no issues. I believe it's been around for 4 or 5 years. People have been tuning it, and dragging it since the start. No motor issues.

Kevin

my wife hit a curb while I was at work and it was somehow my fault. :)

Same type of thing, flat front tire and both passenger side wheels messed up. Insurance covered all of it and I got the wheels from the shop for $50. They are at a repair place now and I will be selling them when I get them back. Good luck!

With the clamshell hood, it is definitely difficult to tell where your rt. front wheel is when turning right into driveways...I hate to admit it, but it's true...I'm used to seeing the en of the hood and a fender...and also a hood ornament came in handy in determining depth perception....THERE...I said it. Whew, I feel better now. :salute:

With the clamshell hood, it is definitely difficult to tell where your rt. front wheel is when turning right into driveways...I hate to admit it, but it's true...I'm used to seeing the en of the hood and a fender...and also a hood ornament came in handy in determining depth perception....THERE...I said it. Whew, I feel better now. :salute:

LOL

I spend an hour or so in a parking lot with some cones when I buy something new to figure out where the car ends. :) Cones are cheap and don't scratch like walls, curbs, and other cars do.

Back