Post pics of your tires | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Post pics of your tires

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Michelin LTX M/S 255/70/16's. They're dead quiet at 75mph, corner like no other, amazing traction in rain, snow, ice, and even a few inches of mud. I get great gas mileage with them too which is super important to me as i drive way too much and they have 30,000 miles on them now and still about 60% tread. I love em and can't wait for them to wear down so I can get a fresh set!

DSC02170BUMPEREDIT.jpg

Any one on here running the Nitto Mud Grapplers? Saw them in the tire shop today and they look amaizng. Anyone?

I know someone on here's got em. Maybe thepotroast? look him up.

Thanks for the link rich but those are the trail grapplers, I'm lookin at the big brother the mud grapplers.

The michelin ltx m/s came stock on my f-150 and I LOVE them. 45,000 miles and they still have alot of tread left.

Ohhhh, my apologies, It's been a long day. :dunno:

I know a lot of people tip their noses to the Michelins because they're not aggressive enough, but they've gotten me through anything I've thrown at them and keep up with my buddies pick ups running 35" mickey thompson baja claws and bfg all terrain ta's.

No worries.

I only drive the explorer on the weekends so I can get away with a really big aggressive tire.

I'll only run Michelin's on the f-150, as long as I can afford them...They are quiet and so comfortable.

IMG_0502.jpg

IMG_0475.jpg

Michelin Latitudes. Great tire, handles well, quiet, did well in the snow when we had the big snowstorm in NY back in dec. I have about 6000 miles on them right now so theyre still kind of new. Definitely like them better than the cross terrains I had previously.

stepj19's from the 4th gen forum has the mud grapplers. pretty sweet indeed.

IMG_6893.jpg

Millertime. thanks for that pic. Your my hero. I think we have a winner!

I was feeling all good about my tires until those giant claws Miller posted showed up.
5618153188_de791bcd5c_b.jpg

IMG_0842 by Manzella92, on Flickr
255/70/17 Firestone Destination A/T Great on the road they really grab, Not allot of trails at home so I am kind of sol for testing them out.

My Tires

Goodyear Wrangler MTR's 265/75 16

4749120735_73dca5d3a8_z.jpg

i know there not mt's but i got a set of the hankook dynapro atms and love them. i got 245/75/16

just got the 265/70's. they r falken ziex. $500. got a good deal on them. real quiet and smooth. does great on wet/dry roads,just waiting for winter to come arount to give them the test. still gotta get better pics with the camera.

33774334017_large.jpg

33774334016_large.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

DrewPictures019.jpg

265/75/16 Maxxis Bighorns.. Ive had them for about 20K now and they havent really worn down to bad for MTs, I'd say 75% left Their good in any conditions u put yourself in. Loud on the road though... Overall B+

Back