Post pictures of your truck with auxiliary lights | Page 23 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Post pictures of your truck with auxiliary lights

Please post some pictures of your truck with auxiliary lights installed.

Thanks ...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

LOL, no you don't! Trust me! You probably have a life where as I spend virtually every spare moment in my garage. LOL

do video games count as "a life"?

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

yes but the end result of all that hard work is worth it, is it not?

here is the setup im using now.
933_3241597894145_544117667_n_zps571aa172.jpg

970248_3241597494135_1404994348_n_zps92433b00.jpg

Well, I was bored this morning so I knocked out a set of brackets and just mounted mine to the front bumper...

100_2056_zps2ab13230.jpg

100_2057_zpsdd1da9e9.jpg

100_2055_zps5da42827.jpg

Should come in handy in the dirt and around town when the stupid cab drivers cut me off driving like jerks!!!

I got a decent night shot tonight after adding a few more LED pucks for rock lights..

I still have the 5" 100 watt lights on the front but I have them angled out to the sides a bunch and they were blinding the camera so I turned them off.

Here is what's "on" in the pic..
Pair of 9004 silverstar ultra's in the headlights (works well for me on in the boonies)..
12 LED pucks.. each is 4 SMD LEDs.
2 6" TWF (36 watt) LED bars.

9908948805_8f578979c0_c.jpg

LED Rock lights and TWF LED bars by maniak_az, on Flickr

~Mark

Kay, i'll play too.
frontbar3_zps4ab37e74.jpg

and some b4 i added the front lights.
nightlights1_zps6fc5a471.jpg

still havent taken any night shots with the new front ones, (these)
frontbar2_zps92b26e15.jpg

and now after the front lights
nightlights3_zps38133958.jpg

finally got round to wiring my lows to stay on with my highs (HIDs in lows take too long to warm up when I go from high to low)

so here's a crappy cellphone pic of all 12 of my lights

Si

Attachments

• CAM00911.jpg
    CAM00911.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 1,024

blueka, how much wattage are you pulling total there outta curiosity?

I have no idea... the rooflights are all cheapies, I think 55w and I think the 2 on the bar are cheapies too... maybe 55w also.. then there's the 35w HIDs and the rest are all normal bulbs

Si

So you could still possibly be in the 300W range? I'd be curious what a night shot looking forward would look like? Impressed the expo handles the load so well.

Here's my contribution. (3) 7 inch hid lights mounted on grille guard.
photo_4-1_zpsea83bdbb.jpg

light2_zps5103bf88.jpg

Does this count? I also have a Lifetime 20 inch led on the brush guard and 6 inch on the running boards. (I sell these)

lightforce 5.jpg

Lifetime 2.JPG

Here are mine
Picture001_zpsbeab06f0.jpg

Picture002_zps983036e4.jpg

Picture003_zps48cb7517.jpg

Picture002_zps0a6b8383.jpg

The Ranger was bought for my son as his first car 10 years ago. Its been an on and off project for the last few years, and a DD for him currently. Years ago we had added the showbar and threw some cheap Baja lights on it.
HogShow002.jpg

HogBody024.jpg

The second pic was years ago, showing a pre-runner bumper "ornament" that we also threw some lights on, but I can't seem to find ANY pics... Anyway, when the truck came in for the latest version of the ongoing project, the showbar went away in favor of a crossbed toolbox instead. That was about 18 months ago, we hadn't added any additional lighting, and my son has yet to to add any still. The pre-runner bumper thing IS on the truck, waiting for something.

Having said that, I've spent some time and trouble getting some extra lighting on my vehicles...
20131215_184650_zpsb0d6a4b5.jpg

My Grand Cherokee was given a set of Harbor Freight KC lookalikes, on Detours USA A pillar brackets. I will admit that the HF lights are actually a lot better than expected, but they will be traded out for a set of Hella 500s. Yes, they take some time getting used to looking around them, but even at just 55 watts, the pattern is a lot tighter than expected and I wish I could drive with them all the time. I'm running EiKo Clearvision Supreme bulbs in the headlamps, best bulbs I've ever run in these crappy stock housings. Followed by some inexpensive parts store fogs below the bumper. Those will be gone when I build a sheetmetal bumper. And french in some much better 4" fogs.

For something completely different...
20140217_140605_zpsd3fcfb36.jpg

My 2003 Neon has never had great lighting. The aftermarket projectors aren't what I was looking for and will probably be a retrofit project in the near future, I've been through a bunch of lights in the projectors, including 5000k and 6000k HIDs. Currently, running Silverstar Ultras in the lows, and some ion blue 75 watt bulbs in the high beam reflectors, I did try 100s and there was no improvement for the current draw. The headlights are run off a relay harness as well. I added the 18 watt LEDs, they are a 30* pattern and are great for lighting up critters eyes beside the road, but blinding in fog, rain and snow. So, I added the little projector fogs. They have a really great cutoff, but are nearly worthless otherwise and will be replaced by something else soon, and the LED will likely be moved as well. The 8" Procomp lights were given to me a few months back and my first thought was getting them on my Neon, not my son's Ranger, not my Jeep or even my F150 S'Crew... Weird, huh?

20140217_181646_zpsfd637bf4.jpg

The pushbar is something I whipped up, and a buddy cut for me on his CNC plasma table. It is mounted above and below the crashbar behind the bumper cover and is quite solid, It's only 3/16" so I won't be pushing anything or using it to tow the Neon with, but it is a great platform for the lights. I've had the bar on the car for a bit over a week, but I've had very positive responses and ZERO interaction with LEOs. Save for a thumbs up in passing by a Highway Patrol officer.

20140129_203625_zps7ecebc54.jpg

I gave some thought to running all LEDs in this configuration... But the 8" lights are 100 watt and reach a whole lot farther. If I had a 20" or 24" LED bar, it might have been another story, but its advertised on Amazon as 15", but the lighting area is only 12". But its tighter than 30*, maybe 15*. All extra lighting on both the Jeep and the Neon go through relays and a fuseblock I added, taped, looked and tucked out of the way. And, I do have an extra circuit available, just missing a fuse and a set of lights. And, I might even use the factory foglight wiring, if I can find it in the dash. I found the harness tucked under the radiator, and have foglight multifunction headlight switch ready to drop in.

I have plans for a HID bi-Xenon retrofit on the S'Crew, add a foglight valance and fit something there. I want to look at bigger LED lightbars to round out that project.

I work in the desert, and the desert gets pretty dark at night.

16,000 lumen....... holy crap this light is bright

sploder.jpg

Back