• Register Today It's free!

Post Your CB Pics!

FutureX

Reaction score
City, State
SF Bay Area CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
87 BII XLT 4x4
im going to be yanking out my dead Radio Shack CB, and broken in half Magnetic Mount CB...., and going to put in a smaller Cobra or Motorola CB and a fiber glass 2 - 4 foot CB Antenna ...

was wondering if anyone here can post up where they have theirs mounted at in cab...?

my eventual plan is to remove the rear tire gate that is on the truck, and getting a James Duff rear bumper with Tire gate and Jerry Can Gate, so im thinking of using the TOP tire gate bracket as the antenna mounting point... and the run the wire in from there.......

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm in the process of setting up a CB install myself. This is what my step son the truck driver recommended:
Cobra 29
Wilson 2000
Roadking Mic
18' Coax

Instead of the Wilson 2k antenna, I may go with one of THESE. The 18' Coax is a must to optimize performance. You'll want to have someone "tune" the antenna once you get everything installed.

I like this install:

-2-after.jpg

yah ive been looking at firestiks.. i know alot of people who use and swear by them..

While FireStiks are good antennas, they (and all fiberglass antennas) tend to break/snap off more frequently off-road than stainless steel whips.

I've had a K40 on my roof since 1993 (and 10 years before that on-road) and as much as I have flexed it (going under fallen trees, etc.) it has never failed.

Just something to think about...

DSC04148.jpg

Here's my Old School whip. Only problem I have is when the secondaries kick in on that Holy carb it sucks the antenna down the snorkel.

DSC04147.jpg

And here is where I mount my really really Old School Radio Shack CB, just to the left of my Shotgun.

Good point on the stainless whips not breaking off.

And here is where I mount my really really Old School Radio Shack CB, just to the left of my Shotgun.
You do realize that once a shotgun is underwater it should be cleaned... right?

i know theres got to be more then us 3 that have BII's on this dam forum!

bump for more pics

ive got a cobra 19 ultra 3 i just installed 10 min ago ill let u kno how it works tomamrow

heres were i got mine in the cab

l_ce442b4964be4f5391d6e5cbb3b4babd.png

I can't figure out where to mount my intenna with the least amount of modding right now I have a roof mount little one that really sucks so I need sumthing bigger

Antenna

The antenna should be placed in the center on top of the truck to reduce the most electrical noise interference. I prefer the steel whip due to its flexibility when running threw trees or your local fast food drive thru!!! Also, you will not only want to tune your antenna but also do whats called a power tune on your CB. It will increase your output range (4 watts standard output to maybe 12 watts output) and it will get rid of the static from being off channel when listening.

Where would I even go to get that done

cb info

I am fixing to start a new post because i see no good info on cb's on here!!

i am removing my stock spare tire swing rack (im going to eventually put a JD rear Bumper w/ Tire Gate and Jerry Can Gate on it), and was going to use the top mount point as the base for my firestick and run it in from there (this is one idea i have, the others i havent figure out yet)

Do a search for "CB info" I just put some better info out there for you!!!!

Back