power seat no power, only memory works | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

power seat no power, only memory works

tonydp

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Eddie Bauer
well, i needed to move the passenger seat today to fit some lumber and it didn't work. Then i tried the driver seat and still no go. We never noticed because the memory seat function STILL moves the seat.

Any ideas?

thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

rear window regulator just went to! FTW!

i could be wrong but did you check fuses? i remember on these explores the wires under the seat going to the switch would rub through on the seat frame blowing the fuse.

ill have to find out wich one it is, i don't have a manulal yet. If it was a fuse I figureed the seat wouldn't work at all.

Any idea what fuse it is? Funny this happened after the cc recall fix.

Same thing happens on my 02, the only blown fuse was a bigger 20A fuse in the under hood box but when i replace it my seats will work for about 10 min and it will then blow even if its not in use, is it a short?

Same thing happens on my 02, the only blown fuse was a bigger 20A fuse in the under hood box but when i replace it my seats will work for about 10 min and it will then blow even if its not in use, is it a short?

under the seat the switch wires rub on the metal frame of the seat causing the short.

any updates on which fuse is for the seats?

ill try to post a pic tomorrow, but its the 30amp under the hood. Its the one closest to the driver, on the right hand side.

Back