Lazzman

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Massachusetts
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Sport 4wd- V6 Sohc
Hello,

Several years ago, I was backing out of my garage and just barely caught the corner glass of my side mirror on the garage door trim.

Some how it seems to have popped the mirror of the mechanical mechanism and the power switch can only adjust up and down, no side to side anymore.

I was wondering if there was a way to pop off the glass mirror and put it back on track, so it moves in all directions?

I took it to the dealer but they wanted to replace it with a completely new mirror housing for $250.

Thanks

I think that the glass is just "popped" into four grommet thingies behid it, and that you should be able to coax it off carefully, but I would be VERY carefull not to pull too hard and break it. I could be wrong, so just take it slow and try to see behind it if you can to look for the little "pegs and grommets" if they are there.

I had the same thing happen to me, except the glass fell out completely and broke. It is 4 holes in the housing, that spin, and they go around some "screws" in the back of the mirror. You should be able to pop them back in. If not, ebay has mirrors for around $50 or less.

I had the same thing happen to me, except the glass fell out completely and broke. It is 4 holes in the housing, that spin, and they go around some "screws" in the back of the mirror. You should be able to pop them back in. If not, ebay has mirrors for around $50 or less.
It shouldnt be too hard to fix you can get the plasic pieces that go in the into the mechanism and make sure they are seated,if not check a junkyard, if you want to spring for a new housing e-bay or even rock auto has replacements w/puddle lamps etc for reasonable prices under $50

Back