Power Windows and 4WD indicator

StG

Reaction score
City, State
Bellevue, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Limited
Hi
This is my first posting, so excuse any forum culture mistakes.

We have a '95 Limited. About a week ago the Power Windows just stopped working. We checked fuses and then we found they were working again. A few days later they again stopped. This time we noticed that the dashboard 4WD Indicator was flashing in a funny manner. After a while, it stopped and the windows worked again.

This is now happening regularly. The 4WD Indicator flashing is not continuous, but it flashes 6 times and then does not flash for about 30 to 60 seconds. Then it flashes 6 times again. This pattern then continues until it stops and at that point we know the windows are work again.

This can happen while we are driving, so nothing to do with the driver's door opening and closing. We just see the indicator start to flash - no windows. The flashing stops and the windows work.

I can see no connection between the Power Windows and this indicator. Please does anyone have any ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

your accessory delay relay is "bust" or the thing driving it. check with a meter.

Yup its the relay. Same exact thing happened to me. the relay is located under the dash up by the steering column. its a pain to get to but can be done with a bit of flexibility. cheap part, and def a diy.

Well being something that is intermittant, I took the unit out and was not surprised to find that it tested just fine. Still I did replace it and see if this fixes the issue.

Thanks for the help

You rock

Thanks - one month on and the windows are working just fine.

Thanks again

Well being something that is intermittant, I took the unit out and was not surprised to find that it tested just fine. Still I did replace it and see if this fixes the issue.

Thanks for the help
Hi, I have a 95 Limited and I have the exact same problem. I hear you fixed yours. Can you tell me if the problem has gone away?? Also, can you help me in finding the relay (location, etc) and perhaps a part number for a new one and where you purchased it. I work outside in construction and have to put my windows up everytime I stop for fear they will stick open.

Please help. It would be greatly appreciated!

John

Back