power windows need "manual" help

jkk

Reaction score
City, State
Houston, TX area (SW suburbs)
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 XLT
Hi all,

My 93XLT has "weak" windows where they need some help w/ a "tug" going up & down. I looked through all the tech posts...did I miss something?

Is this a problem w/ the motors or the track? I figured motors either work or they don't...i.e. they don't just get weaker.

Can someone direct me to a thread addressing this?

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

im curious if you have any other eletrical problems?

this same problem happends to me as a byproduct of dirty battery cables...

but if you know thats not your problem then id say start looking at greesing up the window tracks and surrounding rubber with some armor all, and see if that helps...

but yet im not sure, i never had to go as far as replacing the motors or anything of that extreme.

Can you hear the motors running? My rear windows needed help going up or down. I replaced some bushings in the gear box and they work fine now. About 45 minutes and $5 per door.

You can buy a few more years by removing the door panels and cleaning and lubing the rollers and tracks.

I got 250K miles out of my drivers side before I replaced the motor.
The pass side is still going, although its about 1/2 as fast :)

yea. i replaced the bushings in mine too. its like 5 bucks and the motor is like brand new again. while i was there i lubed up the tracks and the rollers.

Back