• Register Today It's free!

Power windows....

tubaexplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Haughton, LA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport Trac
On the drivers switch panel the up button for the front passenger window has a short somewhere...I know this because I have blown about 12-16 dollars worth of fuses...my question is, is there another point from the switch to the power motor I know the 15 amp fuse for the Power window relay on the dash side and the 30 amp fuse under the hood. Surely it can't be the relay since all other switches work for the windows on every door even the main panel except the up position for the passenger window in the drivers panel..

Quite possibly a broken wire in the boot from the door to the cowl. Should be a white/yellow wire.
Master Window Switch

That's awesome thanks so much. Mind if I ask where you get these diagrams they are pretty much awesome and I can't find a Haynes or chiltons in my town :-(

The factory Ford manual, either CD/DVD or paper, is your friend!:D They're available on eBay in one form or another. Chiltons/Haynes .......ptttttttt ! :thumbdwn: AllData is also real good ........ not as good as the factory manual IMO.:salute:

Looky

Back