PowerTrax No-Slip discontinued for "Dana 35 IFS" | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

PowerTrax No-Slip discontinued for "Dana 35 IFS"

...We then developed a new XD13535 Dana 35 diff specifically for the Dodge Dakota and the Explorer and before we even get it to market we are told that there is even a third diff that we have to deal with...
When they say they designed the origional XD13535 d35 for the Dakota and the X, are they referring to years '91-'94? Or the 2nd gen? If they are talkin about the 2nd gen, then this would mean that there are 2 different versions of the diff in the front of the 2nd gen since they had to redesign a third diff, right?

:edit: this could be the Australian vs the American one I guess...

...And adding to the mystery is that we have had a few Explorer owners buy the XD13530 for their front diffs and put them in..and that is why we have put in the IFS warning, because the mystery has yet to be resolved...
If anyone has installed the XD13530 into a 2nd gen I would love know what year they had. If I have the same year then that means I might be able to put a TrueTrac in the front of my X, which is what I want to do so I can keep 4x4 auto on the road for winter.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Aussie will get the job done right. Count on it :thumbsup:

if not im getting a vaccum disco front axle out of a 95-97 and welding it

boominXplorer said:
if not im getting a vaccum disco front axle out of a 95-97 and welding it
wasn't that just '95-'96?

yeah my bad. But ya'll know what I mean

ok aussie locker is "suppose" emai me when this this is ready. i will be waiting and ordering then doing a write on the install...

The last post was 2005, it is now 2019 and Aussie lockers have done nothing about this. I called and talked to the owner and got nowhere.

Get the lock right 2311 and be done with it.

Back