PowerTrax No-Slip discontinued for "Dana 35 IFS" | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

PowerTrax No-Slip discontinued for "Dana 35 IFS"

Jason69

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Hacienda Heights, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLT Ranger. 2003 Aviat
I called 4WP today as well as Drive train Warehouse and they both said the PowerTrax No-Slip for the front IFS Rangers was discontinued. It's the same as the Explorer right???

I wanted to get one!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Call up aussie locker :thumbsup:

or is it that you have a limited-slip carrier up front?

I called and they replied quickly see the Quote:

"Jason,

Well we hope we have the solution to the front Dana 35 IFS diff. We are selling the Aussie Locker model XD13525 for the Dodge Dakota Dana 35 IFS and getting good results. The Explorer front diff has been a rather complex issue to sort out and we are hoping we have the answer. The XD13535 is designed for this diff but it appears that we may have a c-clip issue, or need to have the customer get a spring to replace the c-clip. The Australian Dana 35 IFS diffs we used in our design appear to be slightly different and the installation in a test truck is underway now to sort out any issues. We hope we have the solution for all of the Ford Dana 35 IFS front ends with this one model, but it may be that we have other issues with later year productoin.

As of right now this is speculative as we are waiting for the installation test results that should start next week.

We appreciate your interest in the Aussie Locker and we would love to be onboard you Ranger.

You can just use a conventional D35 locker. The IFS D35 is a standard rotation D35. The only ones that weren't are the 91-94 which are reverse rotation.

so i could slap a d35 jeep locker in the front?

im wondering the same thing....subscribing.

Nope, none of that will work. You can't use a normal Dana 35 locker of any kind in the front of a 2nd Gen Explorer. The front IFS differential is a hybrid with a smaller case than a standard Dana 35. I read a few posts on here that talked about it before I went with the Power Trax No-Slip & I think i got one of the last ones off the shelf at Richmond Gear because it wasn't assembled. It looked like they just threw all the parts loose in a box & mailed it out...

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110218&highlight=dana+IFS+locker

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23779&highlight=dana+IFS+locker

You can use a dana 35 jeep locker in the front of a first gen explorer 91-94

Trckmagik said:
You can use a dana 35 jeep locker in the front of a first gen explorer 91-94
But not in a 95+. Standard or Reverse cut has nothing to do with it. Everyone clear on that now?

As for the powertrax news. Sad, very sad :( Now if you want a locker up front you'll HAVE to SAS. Well, until Aussie finally produces something to back up their talk.

According to Torqmaster/Aussie's website, the following part #XD-13530 are the same in the 95-2001 Explorer, Jeep 93-2000 pickup, Grand Cherokee 93-98, and Wranger 93-2004.

crap...i wanted to lock the front too. Hopefully Aussie will step in and fix the issue of it not fitting correctly. Supposedly there is a slight difference in the Australian Explorers front axle (as in a VERY small difference) that makes the locker for the front not fit in the carrier right. There was talk of them getting a hold of an american made unit to fix this issue but i dont know much more than that...

Word on the street is that Aussie is in the testing phase of their new 95+ front locker.

subscribe

section525 said:
Word on the street is that Aussie is in the testing phase of their new 95+ front locker.

Yeah the person testing it is lucky. :D

well that makes my front locker much more valuable. ANyone wanna buy a used No-slip for 400$

im pretty sure that Aussie will pick up the market and run with it. They already have the resources to make the locker and i would think that they would complete the IFS locker.

and the reply:

Thank you for your interest in the Aussie Locker.

We must admit that the Explorer front Dana 35 diff issue has been one of the most convulted we have had to deal with in many years of new product development. Our conventional Dana 35 (XD13530) was designed to fit all Dana 35 diffs, except as it turns out, the IFS diff used in the front of the Explorer and some Dodge Dakota vehicles. We then developed a new XD13535 Dana 35 diff specifically for the Dodge Dakota and the Explorer and before we even get it to market we are told that there is even a third diff that we have to deal with. And adding to the mystery is that we have had a few Explorer owners buy the XD13530 for their front diffs and put them in..and that is why we have put in the IFS warning, because the mystery has yet to be resolved.

So where we are today is that we have sent a new XD13535 Aussie Locker to a knowledgable Explorer owner and bbs moderator. He will be doing an install this weekend, if his schedule holds. He will photograph the entire install, and work with our installation technician to write the IFS addendum that will go with our standard manual. Once that is done and we have confirmed years of Explorers we cover, we will update our web site and start offering the XD13535 to customers. We apologize for this inconvenience, but we have to get this resolved before we sell them.

Hopefully by next Friday we will be offering the Explorer IFS model on our web site.

oh and when this is done i will be ordering it..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sweet, thats what i thought...

Back