Preserving My 2011 Explorer's Life | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Preserving My 2011 Explorer's Life

Netcord

Reaction score
City, State
Tampa, Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Ford Explorer XTD
So I love my 2011 XTD Explorer... it's been reliable and trouble free since I bought it new back in 2011.

I've done 91k and want it to last me many, many more miles... so I wanted to get advise on how to preserve it. I do the regular oil changes but I'd like to know what other items I should be attending to? I'm sure what is listed in the manual is perhaps a little over the top and would like to know what are the essentials.

I keep on eye on my fuel economy and have observed it go down from 19 miles pg to about 18 in recent months with no change in driving habits... thoughts?

How many miles can I realistically get out of it?

Thanks

Spark plugs are probably due or overdue, for starters.

So I love my 2011 XTD Explorer... it's been reliable and trouble free since I bought it new back in 2011.

I've done 91k and want it to last me many, many more miles... so I wanted to get advise on how to preserve it. I do the regular oil changes but I'd like to know what other items I should be attending to? I'm sure what is listed in the manual is perhaps a little over the top and would like to know what are the essentials.

I keep on eye on my fuel economy and have observed it go down from 19 miles pg to about 18 in recent months with no change in driving habits... thoughts?

How many miles can I realistically get out of it?

Thanks
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Since there is no XTD, I believe you have either an LTD or XLT. :)

Peter

Or that he is a troll with neither.

Back