Canadian Market brake rotors different than US market for our trucks? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Canadian Market brake rotors different than US market for our trucks?

atxjax

Reaction score
City, State
Pflugerville, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Mercury Mountaineer
So Im on Rock Auto getting some parts to do a front brake job on my 97 Mountaineer 5.0 Automatic AWD. Looking at getting a decent price on rotors but the ones I selected say that they are designed for " Canadian Market Vehicles ".

Are the Canadian and US explorers / mountaineers different when it comes to rotors and brake parts?

2zz01uv.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Maybe ask Rock Auto?

I'm thinking CA may mean California not Canada.

I'm thinking CA may mean California not Canada.

When selecting the part it has a little Canadian flag icon next to it.

I still dont know the answer. Thanks for the links but this is for rotors not brake pads.....

Decided against ordering from RA. By the time I factor in shipping costs for heavy ass rotors, i can get them locally for a buck or two more. Not worth the savings.............Thanks though.

No there the same , I went to Partsource with part ## off rock auto and ordered there for cheaper then Rockauto

i live in Canada, bought parts from the US , they were the same, no difference,,

The same page and same part when I look it up on RA does not have that note...

Bill

Back