Problem with front 2 Body Lift body mounts | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Problem with front 2 Body Lift body mounts

Texplorer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Morgantown, WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT 4x4 4.0
I installed my 3" bl about a month ago but never installed the front 2 spacers because the stock body mount bolts were stuck in the original body mount. Well yesturday I finally got the front 2 stock bolts out and while looking at it today I cant figure out where the spacers go on the front 2 body mounts. If they go on top of the stock body mounts the bolt doesnt even go through the spacer because it stops in top body mount, because the screws go in from the bottom on the front 2 mounts. And I cant put the spacer in between the 2 body mounts because the top body mounts have a type of insert that goes into the frame. If there is anyone out there that can tell me how they mounted there front two spacers on there second gen X it would really help me out. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you drill it out to a 1/2"? So your bolt with go through..

You may also just need to buy some longer bolts!

So Swak,
All you did is buy bolts that were threaded the whole way up instead of the one that come in the kit that are only threaded like an inch and a half.

Since I put the bl on over a month ago I had forgotten that there was a big washer that I had put in the bl box, all I need to do now is get 2 screws that are threaded the whole way and I should be set.

You just drill the threads out of the bushing. Then you run the bolt all the way through it and put a washer and nut on the bottom.

actually, the bolt was dropeed from the top (by trkmagic) and nutted from the bottom. and yes, u have to drill out the bushing.

Right now Im going to try to get a bolt that is threaded all the way down. I would drill out the threads but I have no tools with me where Im at. If I cant find a bolt that fits I will have someone drill it out but I dont feel like paying anyone to drill them out for me. Thanks for the help guys.

You can also just put a smaller diameter bolt thru there, it will work fine, there isn't that much stress on that point.

Well I love working at a dealership. I had one of the techs drill out the bushings for me. So now all I have to do is get a piece of wood so I can raise up the body and I will be set. Thanks for the advise guys.

Back