Problem with Rancho RS 5000's

N2FORD

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Kingston,TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport Trac 4wd
Just bought a set of 5000's and they don't fit. The bottom mount has a sleeve in it and will not go on the stud. Anyone else have this problem? I have a 91 with small lift. The shocks are supposed to be for a 1 1/2 lift. They are about a 1/4 inch shorter than the ones I pulled off. The number on the box is RS5019 and the number on the shock is RS5029. i tried the gorancho site but could not get it to work. TIA

they give you two sleeves in a plastic bag, well they gave it to me anyway and one worked and the other one didnt on one shock. The other rear shock already had a sleeve in it. As far as them being longer, i ordered them for the same lift you did and got shocks that are the same size as the stock ones. I dont know what that is about.
Gary

One of my friends just had this exact same problem...the Rancho books are basically wrong on the PNs now. The STOCK length front shock is PN 5039, but you might want to find something a little longer, I can't remember if the stock length ones are long enough for a 1.5" lift, you can probably check the extension with your old ones. If you want longer ones, go on the Rancho site, and find the end types and length of the stock shock (I think you have to look at 5019 because 5039 is a new part number and isn't in the listing) and then find the same ends with a longer length.

Thanks for the responses. I called Rancho and they said the RS5019 did fit the 91 until they redisigned it. Now the RS5039 is the one I need, Nice of them to do that. I called my supplier back and he will have to order. I can let everyone know if they are any longer. He said they will work up to 1 1/2 inch lift because of the bump stops and valving in the shock.

Back