Project Lazyboy SAS... | Page 14 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Project Lazyboy SAS...

So just bought the wife a new 2012 F150 FX4 Ecoboost she told me I can have the Lincoln Aviator and do whatever I want with it. So I am going to SAS this beast. Already started collecting parts. This time I am going full widths.

Here is pic of the bosses new truck...
20120805_095252.jpg

Project Lazyboy 2003 Lincoln Aviator 4.6 DOHC 5 speed auto AWD.
20120422_174132.jpg

Plans for the truck
3/4 ton Chevy leafs rear.
Ford 9.75 5.13 Detroit
F150 High pinion Dana 44 5.13 electric locker
Custom long arm set up with coilovers
Electric shift BW1356 (should fit since the frame is wider and gas tank is on the pass side).

I should be starting the build in the next couple months. We are getting ready to move so I may not start until mid/late Fall. Stay tuned....:D

Oh and if anyone wants some upgrade parts for there Explorer or Mountaineer the Lincoln used Aluminum front control arms and I think a few other things like bigger brakes all that stuff will be for sale. Also the Aviator has 4.30 gears in it now those axles will be up for grabs when the time comes.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Stang you gonig to hit some trails with Lazyboy this summer. We need too get a CO run going.

Tim

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hopefully everything with this project has been going alright.

Have you gotten around to getting the 4x4 to work?

And, if it's not too much trouble, could you get photos of the F&R axles at full extension and compression?

Been super busy year so far. Already put over 2000 miles on Lazy. Truck is awesome!

Still need to get front shaft built for it but been cruising around in 2wd just fine. Done 7 SASs this year been pretty crazy.

20141026_163902_zpsns5x1szt.jpg

Done 7 SASs this year been pretty crazy.

7!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I've been planning and trying to afford one SAS for 2 years! I couldn't even imagine what it'd be like to do 7 of them in a single year!

What are you selling?

To the top! Love this thread, I love how you just get **** done and don't even even give 2 ####s. Lazy looks BADASS!!!! and i'm super jelly of your plasma cnc.... I'm going to school for some sort of a CNC degree.... and advanced welding..."community college" also gonna take some math so as in hopes to become a noob fabricator. Its my goal to open a shop. anyways keep it up brother, I dig your work!!!! oh and your wife sounds rad to let you have all those toys!!

Looks great. Are you still selling your Dana 30 SAS kits?

You ever get the T-case and front drive shaft in Lazy yet? Make it a true 4x4.

Where did you source the 9.75 rear out of?

Tim

Any updates on Lazy?

Love this build. Almost want to build a 3rd Gen instead of a 2nd gen

Back