• Register Today It's free!

pulling a leaf

Xzibit A

Reaction score
City, State
Ashburn,VA(NOVA)
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 xlt 4.6
alright i want to get more drop out of the rear, i have 2 in blocks back there now, has anyone pulled the helper leaf and the next smaalest one, i did it on my bros s10 last year and it droipped ihis truck like 2 in i was wonderi ng if anyone had done in on an explorer, if not how do you guys get 4" of drop out of the rear? thanks

i am curious to know if anyone has done this also.

i have contemplated pulling a leaf b/c the rear stiffness seems much greater than the front after a 2" tt. but i was thinking of taking the second longest one out; that would make the biggest difference b/c it is doing the most work. the overload leaf wouldn't come into play until the entire leaf pack was flattened out, so it wouldn't make any difference except when carrying heavy loads.

i would think a 4" drop in the back would put the axle on or very near the bump stops.

well im not realy worried about the rar being too low,l but i know that even though that overload doesnt touch ost people get around 1.5 -2 in by adding a helper leaf which acts the same way, so i figured i could at least get one inch out of it and then put 3 in blocks

Back