• Register Today It's free!

Pulling to the left

kgihemp

Reaction score
City, State
Bitburg
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
long story short. I bumped into a curb (less then 5 mph) the other day and did not notice a problem. The truck sat for a few days and then when i drove it i noticed the truck pulled to the left. I drove for a few miles and the problem went away, but i took a hard right turn and when it straightened out it pulled hard to the left. Enough that i almost hit another car. The problem comes and goes, but when it pulls it is hard and uncontrollable. Is this a simple alignment problem or something else?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It is doubtful it is a simple alignment problem as it appears to come and go. An alignment problem would be constant.. It could be a worn steering gear which is binding.. In any case you will need to check the outer tie rods, drag link, Steering gear, and ball joints for signs of wear/damage..

X2 most likely damage seeing as you hit a curb. Come on 5mph.. you can trust us, we wont tell your wife how fast you were really going and that you wrecked the car.:bdrunk:

No really it was 5mph. There was a truck parked in the left lane of a parking lot entrance and i thought i could thread the needle. Wrong. i am new to the lingo so what might X2 mean?

No really it was 5mph. There was a truck parked in the left lane of a parking lot entrance and i thought i could thread the needle. Wrong. i am new to the lingo so what might X2 mean?

X2 = times two.. generally means the person agrees with the post or part thereof..

Back