Purdy built 5.0 Explorer engine. Pics inside. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Purdy built 5.0 Explorer engine. Pics inside.

Like a turbo LS? LOL

I forget that you frequent the LS forums also so you probably seen a post or two of mine over there regarding that. But, yes you are right. Between getting the LS turbo build prepped to get off the ground here in the next month as well as the Ranger project and a few other things I have been too busy to dedicate any time to the 5.0 Explorer build lately.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Don't worry, I'm watching that turbo LS project closely. You make it work for the right price, you may have a customer.:)

Don't worry, I'm watching that turbo LS project closely. You make it work for the right price, you may have a customer.:)

Trust me, that turbo for the Lincoln LS is going to end up being a smoking ass deal in the end for whichever of my customers that actually do end up requesting that I turbo their LS.

I will not even tell you what it is costing me as an STS turbo Powerdealer..... Just rest assured that you would vomit from shock at how low the price is in total I have into this project, when compared to the average cost of other turbo systems.

Nice motor looks nice, so when are you going to rip it all apart and paint the block?>>> :)

No reason to...

Chasing teenyboppers is not more important than me dammit!:D

It is if one of them is for you. I was going to share but now I am keeping them all for myself................and the wife....

I wish.

Do you have an idea of what the crank hp/tq numbers are gonna be on that? Looks good btw.

Do you have an idea of what the crank hp/tq numbers are gonna be on that? Looks good btw.

I would have a pretty good idea what kind of power it will put out if it were my project. The unfortunate thing is that the owner decided to not heed my advice and took the heads to some joe schmo local head porter. And he also didn't have them deck the heads down to raise compression. It will be a big improvement over what was in there before, but I think had the young fella listened to me he would have been driving away with an additional 20-25 hp on top of whatever gains he got from those parts. I got to take it easy on the kid though as it is his first project like this. I think he has already learned that if he doesn't take my advice that bad things usually happen with his project. Everything he forgot to listen to ended up biting him in the ass. You live you learn. :D

Back